Braves win Braves win

Antler Daddy

It has been an interesting season, but fun!

Attachments

• CDC87769-0218-4B7F-BDB2-C0A0F0F19AA4.jpeg
    CDC87769-0218-4B7F-BDB2-C0A0F0F19AA4.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1233.MOV
    35.5 MB

Antler Daddy

We went to both the Tues and Thursday night game. The best thing about these late season games is the crowd involvement. You get chills when they drop the lights and start the chop drum with everyone chopping with cellphone flashlights on.

They don't even do the chop till the 7th inning. Last night, we basically chopped and did the chant during the entire 8th and 9th innings. Then Will Smith comes out to Nugent's Stranglehold song and it was fun! Nothing like winning!

I may have to sell a gun to attend a series game, but if we make it....it's a bucket list item for me.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Winning the first game in this home stand was huge. Phillies couldn't afford to lose the momentum they had coming in. Remaining 2 games were a losing battle.

Still, I cannot believe a team that failed to get above .500 till August actually won the division. What a grind, as Snit said!

Antler Daddy

Winning the first game in this home stand was huge. Phillies couldn't afford to lose the momentum they had coming in. Remaining 2 games were a losing battle.

Still, I cannot believe a team that failed to get above .500 till August actually won the division. What a grind, as Snit said!
And we lost Acura and Ozuna the wife beater dude! Supposedly, he's been cleared but I'd say he's done.

I don't even think Bryce Harper got a hit this week!.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
And we lost Acura and Ozuna the wife beater dude! Supposedly, he's been cleared but I'd say he's done.

I don't even think Bryce Harper got a hit this week!.
Acuña 🤣 (auto-correct did you no favors there)

Ozuna's on whatever the MLB equivalent of "administrative leave" is, without pay, through the end of the postseason. Sometime over the off-season they'll definitively decide whether he gets banned next year.

THEdonkey0515

When the braves where 7 games back a few months ago Vagas gave then a 1.5% chance to win the National leauge east. Wish I would have made some bets.

Resign Duvall coming off a 38HR 112rRBI season a fan favorite ....get Acuna back healthy and tell ozuna to walk..... the braves would have to eat some contract but be worth it I think.

Tweak the pitching some and the braves would still have one of the best teams in baseball next season.

Last edited:

Hduke86

When the braves where 7 games back a few months ago Vagas gave then a 1.5% chance to win the National leauge east. Wish I would have made some bets.

Resign Duvall coming off a 38HR 112rRBI season a fan favorite get....Acuna back healthy and tell ozuna to walk..... the braves would have to eat some contract but be worth it I think.

Tweak the pitching some and the braves would still have one of the best teams in baseball next season.
If they don't hold on to Duvall then they are crazy. The guy is a fan favorite and a solid player.

DaveB

The Braves are playing very good baseball---defense is approaching superb. Hitting is great-take a look at the final RBI totals--1, 2, & 3 are Braves.

Pitching is shorthanded. This is the problem. Ynoa maybe could help out but he has to throw strikes and depend on his defense. Anderson scares me to death......lost his way and cannot seem to find the path back. Morton and Fried cannot do it all on their own in a 7 game series but up against Milwaukee I am thinking Fried and Morton will both go on short rest. Win the first two and pray for rain, I am not joking. I am hoping Acuna is present in the dugout or someplace in the stadium where he can be of great aid in getting the crowd revved up.

In the meantime, the Cardinals are going to win the WC game with the Dudgers hurting themselves and Kershaw taking a powder. Then the Giants will be a real breeze, the Cards aint the rockies.

As for the little sister league Astro's will lose because they cannot beat garbage can lids anymore. White sox will lose, the stress will get to them. Boston will lose, Cora wont be cheating. Yanks and Tampa.....Depends on whether or not Judge and Stanton start killing the ball every time up. Tampa might carry the day.

So its braves or cardinals versus Yanks or Tampa.

Hduke86

The Braves are playing very good baseball---defense is approaching superb. Hitting is great-take a look at the final RBI totals--1, 2, & 3 are Braves.

Pitching is shorthanded. This is the problem. Ynoa maybe could help out but he has to throw strikes and depend on his defense. Anderson scares me to death......lost his way and cannot seem to find the path back. Morton and Fried cannot do it all on their own in a 7 game series but up against Milwaukee I am thinking Fried and Morton will both go on short rest. Win the first two and pray for rain, I am not joking. I am hoping Acuna is present in the dugout or someplace in the stadium where he can be of great aid in getting the crowd revved up.

In the meantime, the Cardinals are going to win the WC game with the Dudgers hurting themselves and Kershaw taking a powder. Then the Giants will be a real breeze, the Cards aint the rockies.

As for the little sister league Astro's will lose because they cannot beat garbage can lids anymore. White sox will lose, the stress will get to them. Boston will lose, Cora wont be cheating. Yanks and Tampa.....Depends on whether or not Judge and Stanton start killing the ball every time up. Tampa might carry the day.

So its braves or cardinals versus Yanks or Tampa.
No joke on the pitching. The Braves are firing on all cylinders until you rattle any of their pitchers besides Morton and Fried. Will Smith has surprised me down the stretch cause there for a few games it was Will Smith pitching= homer. He's been clutch here lately and let's hope he's still riding that wave. We need to start off solid and make sure we stop the bleeding if and when it starts. Once a pitcher gets rocked or the team has his number don't be afraid to try some unconventional to finish the game.

DaveB

Yes, they cannot make the mistake of 2019 when Folty lost the zone. That was torture to watch, an entire season down the drain.
Ynoa is or could be this years Folty. Or Jackson. I think Smyly was DFA'd. Minter may be seen......mighty slim pickings.

OTOH the mighty dodgers look even worse. If the chance presents itself I hope the Cards run it up.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Yes, they cannot make the mistake of 2019 when Folty lost the zone. That was torture to watch, an entire season down the drain.
Ynoa is or could be this years Folty. Or Jackson. I think Smyly was DFA'd. Minter may be seen......mighty slim pickings.

Thankfully Ynoa is not in line to make 2 starts in the 2019 NLDS like Keuchel and Folty (the latter of which actually pitched really well his first start of the series). Snit's always going to go with the veteran guy—and in this case Morton is actually good, and Fried is a playoff veteran at this point.

Color me optimistic because last year's NLCS proved Snit is capable of managing a playoff bullpen game.

Total wildcard will be if Spencer Strider enters a game to pitch. Scouting reports of a guy who spent most of the year pitching Single-A are going to be scant. If he keeps things simple mentally, he could be devastating.

DaveB

Cards lost----The hitting evaporated and that was that. Very surprised at Arenado...Riley...just about everyone.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Was a tight game. Fell asleep at the end of the 8th, woke up around 1:30am and saw phone notification that the Dodgers got a homer.
Guess the NL West battle continues into October now. Go Giants.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Snit was too stubborn, too stuck in regular-season mode. Morton clearly was slipping in the 6th. Should have never sent him back out.

Latest posts