2024-2025 Hunting and Trapping Proposals

CATCHDAWG

interesting!!! so killing one more bird per x of amount of hunters will not effect the population??
kill a human being!! just one. will the human population increase or decrease???? i didnt think math was that hard!! must be common core math!!!
You obviously do not comprehend basic logic. If a hunter kills a bird it reduces the population by one. If three hunters kill a bird it reduces the population by three. If three hunters kill three birds in a area that's nine, and these are all obviously gobblers. What percentage of the population was effected by these nine gobbler's? And now, since you're so good at math and all, let's say one raccoon raids one nest in one night. That killed a (possible) dozen birds. Three raccoons in one night raided three nest and killed thirty six birds in the same area in a single night. What percentage of the population was effected most by, hunters or predators? If you cannot understand that basic logic then it's obvious that a intelligent conversation cannot be had by you.

trkhunter

You obviously do not comprehend basic logic. If a hunter kills a bird it reduces the population by one. If three hunters kill a bird it reduces the population by three. If three hunters kill three birds in a area that's nine, and these are all obviously gobblers. What percentage of the population was effected by these nine gobbler's? And now, since you're so good at math and all, let's say one raccoon raids one nest in one night. That killed a (possible) dozen birds. Three raccoons in one night raided three nest and killed thirty six birds in the same area in a single night. What percentage of the population was effected most by, hunters or predators? If you cannot understand that basic logic then it's obvious that a intelligent conversation cannot be had by you.
i think basic logic is that the twra can influence how many the hunter kills! but cannot tell the lesser predators how many they are allowed per year!!! does that make it sound better or do you wanna play childish name calling games !! Do you want more birds or do you wanna kill everyone you see!! again the 4 a season was nice untill they were no birds left!!! PLEASE ARGUE THAT!!! were they no predators then????

CATCHDAWG

i think basic logic is that the twra can influence how many the hunter kills! but cannot tell the lesser predators how many they are allowed per year!!! does that make it sound better or do you wanna play childish name calling games !! Do you want more birds or do you wanna kill everyone you see!! again the 4 a season was nice untill they were no birds left!!! PLEASE ARGUE THAT!!! were they no predators then????
A. TWRA or anyone else obviously can't tell predators how many turkeys/nest they can kill. However TWRA has given us permission to kill every one we can year round no limit. How many raccoons, possums and skunks did YOU catch in the last year?
B. I try to kill one bird a year (I like spring time fishing better than turkey hunting) if I killed every bird I saw, I could kill plenty. And even if I tagged out, I have plenty of birds because I trap and manage/improve habitat. Do you do either of those?
C. Where did I do any "childish name calling"? I need a quote on that, not just some b.s. rambling.

trkhunter

A. TWRA or anyone else obviously can't tell predators how many turkeys/nest they can kill. However TWRA has given us permission to kill every one we can year round no limit. How many raccoons, possums and skunks did YOU catch in the last year?
B. I try to kill one bird a year (I like spring time fishing better than turkey hunting) if I killed every bird I saw, I could kill plenty. And even if I tagged out, I have plenty of birds because I trap and manage/improve habitat. Do you do either of those?
C. Where did I do any "childish name calling"? I need a quote on that, not just some b.s. rambling.
are you a employee of the twra??

trkhunter

ill tell you this. upwards of 50 coons and various opossums and skunks in the past 5 years!! got two traps set at the present!! baited with tuna fish!! what do you think im after!!!! Dead on my property!!!!
the last two turkeys i called up 5+ years ago i simply let them go at 30 yrds!! catch and release so to speak!! i had my fun without the kill.

trkhunter

basic logic?? do turkeys get married now and only have one mate!!!! wow!!! first iv heard of that!! kill him. only one suffers is his wife!!🫣. the rest of the population will flourish with him gone!!!!

CATCHDAWG

basic logic?? do turkeys get married now and only have one mate!!!! wow!!! first iv heard of that!! kill him. only one suffers is his wife!!🫣. the rest of the population will flourish with him gone!!!!
Sooo… you made umpteen post saying killing a bird hurts the population but now you're saying that you can kill a bird and the population will still flourish (your words, not mine)? I've never seen such ignorance.
And, go ahead and save yourself some typing because there's no need to reply. (Clicking the ignore button now)

trkhunter

Sooo… you made umpteen post saying killing a bird hurts the population but now you're saying that you can kill a bird and the
Sooo… you made umpteen post saying killing a bird hurts the population but now you're saying that you can kill a bird and the population will still flourish (your words, not mine)? I've never seen such ignorance.
And, go ahead and save yourself some typing because there's no need to reply. (Clicking the ignore button now)

population will still flourish (your words, not mine)? I've never seen such ignorance.
And, go ahead and save yourself some typing because there's no need to reply. (Clicking the ignore button
see how stupid that sounds saying killing a turkey doesn't hurt the population!!!!! checkmate!!!!!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I think our efficiency in killing turkeys is having a greater effect than the season dates or limits. Nowadays there are so many people killing them with strutter decoys or throwing up fans (even worse) and they're killing them a lot farther away with TSS shot. Because what's important is having that photo for social media.

As habitat decreases and hunter numbers increase, if the technology continues to make it easier to kill turkeys with things like hyper realistic looking strutter decoys and TSS loads that can effectively kill one at 75 yds, they don't stand a chance.

I know it's a dream, but I'd love to see a state currently experiencing a turkey decline implement a total ban on decoys. Put a sunset clause on it of 5 years and study the results. I'd like to see if it improves things.

Right now my opinion is that banning decoys will save a lot more turkeys than lowering limits and it will save the right turkeys, most importantly. The dominant Toms will easily breed their hens because they won't be dying opening weekend as they run to fight a strutter decoy. That gets us a lot more eggs on the ground. But until a state tries this, we'll never really know.
I think it would be just as hard to enforce a Decoy Ban as corn. Sporting Goods stores will still sell them or people will order them online. They may be able to enforce on Public land but not Private.

trkhunter

I doubt he's smart enough to know what a green stripe is. 😂
i know this!! people that have no response to facts or reason wanna IGNORE people because they cant handle the truth!! just like kindergarten or middle school!!!! do you have anything else to say !!!!!!!
concerning turkeys. not name calling!!

Hawk103161

Now your talking!!! They are a pain in the a$$
Bears are the MAIN reason I do not hunt Big South Fork any more. 2 encounters with the last having 2 cubs try and climb my tree. Mom stood up and seemed like she was 10' tall.... They are everywhere there. When I have to consider carrying a side arm for Bear protection during Archery Season, That's a Hummm moment

knightrider

Bears are the MAIN reason I do not hunt Big South Fork any more. 2 encounters with the last having 2 cubs try and climb my tree. Mom stood up and seemed like she was 10' tall.... They are everywhere there. When I have to consider carrying a side arm for Bear protection during Archery Season, That's a Hummm moment
Main reason i carry during archery, that and the methheads around here

Latest posts