Urban Meyer

THEdonkey0515

Urban Meyer and Ohio st . Will be a good football program next few years. Most teams struggle to find 1 good QB. He had 3 That made it look easy lol and his doing a fine Job recruiting as well. Im sure after the N/C win its only gotta get better for Ohio st. Next few years.

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515":w3ioxzpx said:
Urban Meyer and Ohio st . Will be a good football program next few years. Most teams struggle to find 1 good QB. He had 3 That made it look easy lol and his doing a fine Job recruiting as well. Im sure after the N/C win its only gotta get better for Ohio st. Next few years.

Meyer is a great coach and recruiter..... Meyer has had it made with Penn St. and Mich. being down the last several yrs. Jim Harbaugh could make Meyer work a little harder in the future.

Scioto

Bowling Green and Utah certainly weren't stacked teams and he won (a lot of games) quickly at both schools. OSU wasn't stacked when he took over. They were on probation, he took over for the disgraced Jim Tressel (hallelujah) and interim coach Luke Fickle and a 7-5 team (who lost to Brady Hoke). He kept Fickle and that showed me a lot about Urban's character and loyalty to a former Buckeye D lineman.

I don't recall whether Urban followed Spurrier or Zook. (I get a kick out of Spurrier but he is the most overrated coach in all of football. I lived in DC when he coached the Redskins and it was an absolute joke.). UF may or may not have been stacked at that time. All I remember is how his UF outplayed and out-coached and dominated the sweater vest in 2006. Like many 'Bama fans probably, at first I was sure it was just luck and a game for OSU where everything "just went wrong" but soon realized that the better team and coach won.

I don't understand the hate for Meyer (or Saban for that matter). Both highly successful coaches who produce. I think they are loved and respected by their former players. I go back to the OSU days of Woody Hayes. Hated Michigan but utmost respect for Schembechler. Will be the same for Harbaugh. I think it must be either jealousy for the success they bring/brought to hated rivals or more likely what psychologists call transference. At this point, whatever problems UF has it can no longer be blamed on Meyer.

PalsPal

Meyer soured a lot of SEC fans he came in and claimed that he would only recruit the top 1% of 1% as far as morality and decency was concerned, implying that the other teams were just a bunch of thugs. He was proven a hypocritical liar in his tenure there. Then, the way he left was perceived as his jumping ship out when he could see things going south.

Many UF fans feel like the jilted girlfriend :D !

LIke Saban, he is a great coach, which cannot be argued, but appears hypocritical in a lot of areas. But, hey, as long as he's winning games, it doesn't matter much.

Scioto

PalsPal":42yfcry3 said:
Meyer soured a lot of SEC fans he came in and claimed that he would only recruit the top 1% of 1% as far as morality and decency was concerned, implying that the other teams were just a bunch of thugs. He was proven a hypocritical liar in his tenure there. Then, the way he left was perceived as his jumping ship out when he could see things going south.

Many UF fans feel like the jilted girlfriend :D !

LIke Saban, he is a great coach, which cannot be argued, but appears hypocritical in a lot of areas. But, hey, as long as he's winning games, it doesn't matter much.

Gotcha. So far so good as far as OSU is concerned

By the way, I don't buy all the SEC is down/B1G is up nonsense. I tell my friends up north you have to recruit SEC talent (OSU had 21 players from FL, GA and other SE states) and they play like a good SEC team. That's Urban's Impact but I'm sure Harbaugh, for one, has noticed.

PalsPal

The SEC is down as far as the top tier in that the talent is getting spread out, which is a good thing.

Miss St and Ole Miss used to be laughing stocks. Even Vandy had a decent 2-3 yr run (but that was coupled with a VERY down SEC East :D ) !

Parity is leveling the playing field.