Is Urban the quickest coach to get fired in NFL?

PalsPal

After deliberation over many weeks and a thorough analysis of the entirety of Urban's tenure with our team, I am bitterly disappointed to arrive at the conclusion that an immediate change is imperative for everyone. I informed Urban of the change this evening. As I stated in October, regaining our trust and respect was essential. Regrettably, it did not happen.

So, that got me to wondering about his contract.

It makes me wonder if some of these guys WANT to be fired after seeing what they have gotten into?

WOW!!!!!

While Meyer's contract situation was never made public, reports indicated that he's making between $10 and $12 million per season for six years. Should the Jags fire Meyer following the 2021 season, that would leave as much as $60 million on the books through 2026.

That money may not factor in to the Jags' salary cap, but it certainly is a number in the ledger and on the bottom line for the franchise. Paying multiple coaches and coaching staffs at the same time is something that tends to be a burden for NFL owners.

While money is no real object for Khan — one of the NFL's richest owners, valued at roughly $9 billion — owing that much money to a coach and bailing on the experiment after one down year likely isn't something that Khan, or anyone in the organization, wants to do.

THEdonkey0515

He was awful.

That last game against the titans was sad they Got shut out threw 4 picks to a bad titans Defense. Then his bar incident before that didn't help.

I'm sure he will pop back up next season, and some fan base will be screaming call Urban, I would pass.

THEdonkey0515

That's what I was saying about Dan mullen. It was Like he wasn't trying at the end.

When you realized we would still get paid 6 million 30 days after getting fired then get 1 million every July 15 for the next 6 or so years no wonder he was ok getting canned.

PillsburyDoughboy

LOL

Attachments

• poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg
    poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 46

PillsburyDoughboy

After deliberation over many weeks and a thorough analysis of the entirety of Urban's tenure with our team, I am bitterly disappointed to arrive at the conclusion that an immediate change is imperative for everyone. I informed Urban of the change this evening. As I stated in October, regaining our trust and respect was essential. Regrettably, it did not happen.So, that got me to wondering about his contract.It makes me wonder if some of these guys WANT to be fired after seeing what they have gotten into?WOW!!!!!While Meyer's contract situation was never made public, reports indicated that he's making between $10 and $12 million per season for six years. Should the Jags fire Meyer following the 2021 season, that would leave as much as $60 million on the books through 2026.That money may not factor in to the Jags' salary cap, but it certainly is a number in the ledger and on the bottom line for the franchise. Paying multiple coaches and coaching staffs at the same time is something that tends to be a burden for NFL owners.

While money is no real object for Khan — one of the NFL's richest owners, valued at roughly $9 billion — owing that much money to a coach and bailing on the experiment after one down year likely isn't something that Khan, or anyone in the organization, wants to do.
After deliberation over many weeks and a thorough analysis of the entirety of Urban's tenure with our team, I am bitterly disappointed to arrive at the conclusion that an immediate change is imperative for everyone. I informed Urban of the change this evening. As I stated in October, regaining our trust and respect was essential. Regrettably, it did not happen.

So, that got me to wondering about his contract.

It makes me wonder if some of these guys WANT to be fired after seeing what they have gotten into?

WOW!!!!!

While Meyer's contract situation was never made public, reports indicated that he's making between $10 and $12 million per season for six years. Should the Jags fire Meyer following the 2021 season, that would leave as much as $60 million on the books through 2026.

That money may not factor in to the Jags' salary cap, but it certainly is a number in the ledger and on the bottom line for the franchise. Paying multiple coaches and coaching staffs at the same time is something that tends to be a burden for NFL owners.

Attachments

• 300px-There_Is_Another.jpg
    300px-There_Is_Another.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts