Zeiss or comparable scope ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I want a 3.5-10X44 Zeiss conquest for my new toy.

Not sure I want to pay for a brand new one.

What else is comparable in quality?
Any deals out there?

rdl65

I just bought a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 this past Wednesday. I got it from cameralandny.com, be sure to check out their deals on factory demo models.

Team Browning

I'll tell you this, Ive given up on Nikons as they are no better than some of the other lower tier makers out there and Ive spent money one what was supposed to be their best. I am however sold on Leupold now. Im not sure my eyes are worth the money for a Zeiss or Swarovski. I dont see myself making shots where that high dollar glass will make the difference but thats me.

Good link though Dutch.

Hatchee

RUGER said:

Any deals out there?
I'm as cheap/thrifty/tight as they come. It's gonna hurt to buy that Zeiss but you'll never regret it!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hatchee said:
RUGER said:

Any deals out there?
I'm as cheap/thrifty/tight as they come. It's gonna hurt to buy that Zeiss but you'll never regret it!

Yeah I know but you get over it. Apparently so because I have two now. ;)

paincave_2000

If you can afford it reguardless of price,if thats what you want,get it.You won't be happy with a second choice.Buy once,cry once.Look around and you'll find one in your price range.

UTGrad

I would definately take a look at the Bushnell Elite 4200. Zeiss is incorporating the Rainguard technology that Bushnell uses.

There are many people comparing the Elite 4200 to the Zeiss Conquest, especially in low light.

The Rainguard feature is not a gimmick, but actually works very well. It keeps external fogging of the lenses to a minimum and sheds water.

The optics are made by LOW in Japan, which is Asia's best glass maker. The Bushnell is a high quality Japanese product, take a look. There are not many negative reviews out there.

WTM

hate to compare anything to a Zeiss, but optically the Sightron Big Sky series comes pretty close. has a smaller FOV than the zeiss but the eye relief is pretty close. excellent tracking, 7 coating lenses with a climate control coating, and resettable turrets. probably the best glass out of japan, imo.

UTGrad

WTM said:
hate to compare anything to a Zeiss, but optically the Sightron Big Sky series comes pretty close. has a smaller FOV than the zeiss but the eye relief is pretty close. excellent tracking, 7 coating lenses with a climate control coating, and resettable turrets. probably the best glass out of japan, imo.

Big Sky and Elite 4200 are neck and neck.

Model70Man

UTGrad said:
I would definately take a look at the Bushnell Elite 4200. Zeiss is incorporating the Rainguard technology that Bushnell uses.

Where is your source?

I know that Zeiss has their own proprietary technology called Lotu Tec and is not the same as Rainguard that Bushnell uses.

Kimberman

UTGrad said:
WTM said:

Big Sky and Elite 4200 are neck and neck.

Im not downing an Elite 4200 because they are good glass, but Im just curious as to how many other scopes you have hunted with. Saying that a Bushnell Elite is neck and neck or better than a Zeiss or Sightron Big Sky because of rainguard (marketing gimmick) is a bold statement unless you have personally hunted with both and can make a side by side comparison...standing at the counter in Bass Pro Shops and comparing optics is hardly a good test.

WTM

one thing i might add about the sightron line, and this happens with zeiss also although not nearly as bad. that is eye box sensitivity in relation to eye position.

this doesnt happen with leupold's. i dont have a probelem with it but less experienced shooter's might.

Kimberman

DEER ASSASSIN said:
ditto kimberman

i have or had

vx 2
vx4
m4
nikon monarch
buckmaster
bushnell trophy
bushnell 3200
trashco
simmions
redhead

hunted and killed with all

give me a ziess period

only exception i love my m4 with the m1 knobs

I have/had a few myself

Vari X 2
VX2
Nikon Monarch (2)
Sightron Big Sky (2)
Burris Fullfield (2)
Zeiss
Cabelas Pine Ridge (junk!)
Simmons Pro Hunter on my 22
Pentax Lightseeker
Various Cheapo Bushnells, Simmons and Trashcos in my past that either broke or got passed on.

I like the Sightron and Zeiss the best. I am soon to add a couple more, thinking about a Weaver Grand Slam or Bushnell Elite.(just to be able to make comparisons!)

mr.big

something you get with the Ziess that you don`t the others,the windage and elevation adjustments are independent of each other,,

with the 308 this is a major advantage,,if you have to screw in a bunch of windage you still have 100% of your elevation adjustments to work with,,with all the others every click you go right or left you loose a click up and down,,

this is the reason the Conquest is a little heavier than most others in he same class,

I would hold off on he scope and get used to hitting stuff with the BUIS of your choice until I could afford the Ziess