Yuchi hunt

bds240

Went on the Yuchi hunt today, walked over 6 miles and never heard or saw a gobbler. I contribute most of that to me not being a very good Turkey hunter. Saw lots of deer mostly does and 3 hens. Also saw about 15 or more vehicles parked on side of the road throughout the refuge. Found that strange since there were only 10 people that got drawn. Talked to another fellow and he noticed the same thing when he came in. With the checking station closed and no Game Warden that I saw on the refuge. Are maybe some people sneaking in. Strange that many vehicles in there at 5 in the morning with no one in them.

2in1shot

Lots of the locals keep track of how many and where the gobbling birds are at. Some don't have a hunt this year and some have later hunts. I ran into the same thing last year.

bds240

It makes it harder on the folks hunting there when there is a car pulled off in every spot for sure. Limits you on where you think you can go without messing someone else up.

Carlos

That's not good. The WMA I hunt doesn't allow visitors during the draw hunts.

bds240

2in1shot":116dybki said:
It's a public road all the way to the river. Not much you can do if they do not leave the road right of way.

These vehicles were clearly off the road right of way pulled up in front of gates or parking areas, no one around. I'm assuming they were in the woods or fields. I have mixed fillings about it. I feel that as a hunter on a draw hunt that takes 3 to 4 years to get drawn that it sucks that people can just park in all the spots and go scouting for the next years or weeks hunt, messing with the birds while others are actively trying to kill one. But it is also public land so idk what the answer is.

Carlos

bds240":bzpqyci7 said:
2in1shot":bzpqyci7 said:
It's a public road all the way to the river. Not much you can do if they do not leave the road right of way.

These vehicles were clearly off the road right of way pulled up in front of gates or parking areas, no one around. I'm assuming they were in the woods or fields. I have mixed fillings about it. I feel that as a hunter on a draw hunt that takes 3 to 4 years to get drawn that it sucks that people can just park in all the spots and go scouting for the next years or weeks hunt, messing with the birds while others are actively trying to kill one. But it is also public land so idk what the answer is.

Here's what I believe should be in place during the draw hunts.

Latest posts