Your favorite turkey call...

TiminTN

warrent423 said:
Scratchin in the leaves.

One of the very best finisher calls bar none.

To get them that close tho I like a Woodhaven Red Wasp for mouth call, Bud & Betty glass or my favorite, a LF Cox bodoc Trumpet. Its the one I never leave home without.

bvoss

warrent423 said:
Scratchin in the leaves.

Had a buddy who was just getting into turkey hunting and told me he had this bird behind his house that was always gobbling on the roost, but when he called to him he would go the other way. I told him to try to get within 75 yards or so of him on the roost and right after he starts gobbling do a three scratch sequence(One scratch, pause, then two quicker ones. Wait a few seconds, one, then a two or three quicker ones) to similate the turkey scratching for acorns every 2 or 3 minutes. The bird flew into his lap and he shot him before his feet were even wet from the dew with 0 yelps, 0 cutts, 0 fly down cackles. He was a huge bird with 1 3/8 spurs. Scratchin Works!

Lawrence

I love a mouth call
but a good box is hard to beat
A box call will be loud enough on windy days
or soft enough in all other situations
not to mention the realism that comes with a box

splitter

bvoss i wanna know how you got a wife that is good enough to know a good deal on a woodhaven call lol. my favorite call is h.s strut triple glass world champion that is getting wore out but still love it

bvoss

splitter said:
bvoss i wanna know how you got a wife that is good enough to know a good deal on a woodhaven call lol. my favorite call is h.s strut triple glass world champion that is getting wore out but still love it

HAHA She didn't even know what she had, she just thought I would like it, and she thought it looked "like a good one" :D Im a lucky man!

4onaside

Lawrence said:
I love a mouth call
but a good box is hard to beat
A box call will be loud enough on windy days
or soft enough in all other situations
not to mention the realism that comes with a box
Not to mention that you can become an "expert" caller with a box in about five minutes!

Latest posts