Yotes while turkey hunting...

stik

haven't seen or heard any in roane county for a couple of years. i know they are there, we just ain't seeing them.

Lawrence

Yes sir
Killed one years ago in Missouri during fall season
Killed one in Wilson Co about 6 years ago during spring and
missed one in Decatur Co during spring about 10 years ago
I will kill one every time over a LB
Just think of how many turkeys are saved when we kill one

catman529

Saw one so far while turkey hunting. Seen a couple dens and plenty of droppings. It could happen. If I think there is a gobbler nearby and a yote comes by, he gets a free pass. Otherwise he gets a head full of lead.

Bucks & Beards

Smoked one this morning. A hen had just left the field and went into the woods. He came out to my right and started working the woodline headed right to me and my decoys. At 20 yards I gave him a face full of #5s. Fur flew everywhere and he lit out like his head was suffocated with a swarm of bees.

fishboy1

Blasted one this AM. Was resting my eyes while it rained on me and here he comes. 30 yds.

Pulled up my gun and .... Nothing. Took a minute for my brain to come online and remember... SAFETY!

He was angling away at this point and maybe 50-60yds out but I have him a load of 3" #6 turkey loads. He ducked/flinched and kept on going. Thought it should have rolled him.

Checked another field and there were 2 more yotes working the field. Tried to call them in since I didn't hear the first turkey but I guess they wanted mice for breakfast and not turkey.

Latest posts