Yikes! Blackhorn powder in stock!

MUP

šŸ˜¬
Screenshot_20221210-060352.png

backyardtndeer

That is ridiculous. I had seen it on the shelf at Walmart for $50 a while back and thought that was too high for a 12 oz can. Guess I should have bought some to resell. lol

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Not being a smart a$$ but is it really that much better than loose triple 7? I shoot a Savage smokeless but have 3 other muzzleloaders. I've entertained it but never bit on it.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
That's kinda what I figured. All my guns shoot triple 7 well it's just the fact you have to clean them every 4-5 shots.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Blackhorn has its pros and cons. It really isn't any less corrosive than 777 (I clean both if I take a shot and won't be using the gun again for at least half a day), it is actually harder to clean than 777 (777 always has cleaned up quickly for me with water, whereas Blackhorn requires powder solvent, elbow grease, and time), but Blackhorn provides more velocity, and doesn't give the buildup/crud rings between shots.

I'm honestly considering going back to 777 due to crazy prices and the pain in cleaning the Blackhorn

TboneD

It's crazy that it's gone up so much but I'm also surprised none of y'all have mentioned that the shelf life has been tested to be much better than 777. You don't have to buy a new canister every year. So if you shoot your Muzzleloader a lot and can deal with the crud ring, I might just use 777. If you still have plenty of BH and want to keep using it, I'd make every charge count.

Last edited:

Latest posts