Yanahli on the chopping block again!

killingtime 41

You know some big money developer is whispering in his ear. And I'm sure he really wants whatever they are offering him if he can pull this off. Make sure to post his name and what he was trying to do when it comes time for his reelection. I'll try to find out some more info. Does the TVA own the land yanahili is on. I'm not up t date on yanahili. I've never hunted it. Or have ever been there.

Linzi

You know some big money developer is whispering in his ear. And I'm sure he really wants whatever they are offering him if he can pull this off. Make sure to post his name and what he was trying to do when it comes time for his reelection. I'll try to find out some more info. Does the TVA own the land yanahili is on. I'm not up t date on yanahili. I've never hunted it. Or have ever been there.
He's running for re-election this year:

killingtime 41

If you click the link it says he is a mortgage banker. Now let's just create a scenario that at least might be plausible. Say the land ends up in the county's hands. And now is up to them as to the future of the land. Let's now say a big money developer wants to develop a subdivision or single family homes. Which x amount of acreage is available for purchase. Which said developer will build your house. Is it even remotely possible to guess who stands to profit. Is it also reasonable to guess why this politician would push a bill like this. Now add the tax income for the county. And the picture now comes together clearly. Public land should not be touched or developed. Don't be fooled by what party they claim to represent. Just remember that if they don't represent your interest then they need to be fired for incompetence. All who can vote in that county send him a message now. And send him his final message on Election Day.

Duck dogn

I've heard something before about hwy 50 near the rock crusher was a location of interest for industrial grounds I hate to throw him under the bus lol but I think catman knows something about it. It was a old post on here.

catman529

I've heard something before about hwy 50 near the rock crusher was a location of interest for industrial grounds I hate to throw him under the bus lol but I think catman knows something about it. It was a old post on here.
Yes, Cepicky has tried taking some of the land for an ag expo center in the past. Now he's trying to transfer the wma to the county "but keep it open to hunting" .... yeah I'm calling BS. Give it time before it is sold off to developers one piece at a time. We gotta put a stop to this quick.

th88

Yanahli goes, imagine the increase in pressure on other WMAs in the region. It'd create conditions worthy of quota hunts, thus losing out on even more public land hunting. I hope the inboxes of politicians are filling to the brim right now over this!

Mescalero

Yanahli is state owned. TVA transferred ownership in 2001.

Mescalero

There is a thread on this land grab in the General Forum started by Catman. https://www.tndeer.com/threads/about-to-lose-12-000-acres-of-wma-land.414958/

Whether you hunt Yanahli or not, whether you hunt public land or not, everyone please e-mail or write your state rep and state senator. Also write to both the House Government Operations Committee and Senate Government Operations Committee (links in the General Forum thread). Details on doing so are in the General Forum thread. I was in contact with the Tennessee Wildlife Federation and they are also on it and opposing. I believe the Tennessee Chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers is working it too. I reached out to MeatEater and they are getting involved. But we need as many Tennessee hunters and anglers coming out in opposition against this as we can get.

As others have said, if they get Yanahli, it's just a matter of time before they come looking for more.

Latest posts