Wyoming antelope an mule deer trip results

tickweed

Well, just got in from the Cowboy state this morning, and man I am worn out. We had three mule deer tags in our group, took three nice deer, one a 167 green 5x5, and another 170 green 5x5. We had four antelope rifle buck tags, one friend took his goat on the Friday before rifle season opened with his bow, a nice 75 inch net buck. I took a great buck opening morning, had 14 1/2 inch horns, almost 7 inch bases with hugh curls and cutters, scoring 80, and even with about an inch broken off the tip on one side. We took two others in the low seventys, plus two does. Not bad for a few days hunting on public land. It was a blast, and will be going back. I'll post some pics in a day or so. Its good to be back home!

megalomaniac

Congrats!!!

You did great on the deer. From what I've heard, the winterkill was astronomical this past year. Numbers WAY down.

And congrats on a GREAT goat! you'll have to get that one mounted.

We NEED pics :)

Baxter83

Awesome! My soon-to-be ex wifes uncle just got back from Wyoming on an antelope hunt. He shot one this past Monday, but I haven't got to see pics yet.

trealtree

megalomaniac said:
Congrats!!!

You did great on the deer. From what I've heard, the winterkill was astronomical this past year. Numbers WAY down.

And congrats on a GREAT goat! you'll have to get that one mounted.

We NEED pics :)

I have heard the Winterkill was only in the western part. Wind river range and northwest and west.

tickweed

My buddy has pics of the deer, I'll post some of my antelope when wife gets home. Yea, seems from what we heard the winterkill was towards the western side.

tickweed

Here are pictures of my buck.
I have some better ones on another card but my friend has it.
14 6/8 length 6 5/8 bases, almost 6 cutters, had broke one tip off about an inch. We had nicknamed this goat "Mr. Ed". because of him being on a piece of private land owned by a really nice older guy. I had seen this antelope several days in the same area, found out who owned the property, knocked on the door, and meet the owner, Mr. Ed. After talking for a few minutes, he said sure. Great guy. so, hence he was named after the land owner. Thanks!
30.jpg

Boat004.jpg

Latest posts