WTB Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 7mm-08 140gr

Shag

I know I'm probably looking for a unicorn here. This stuff has went the way of Black Talon hand gun ammo. But, if anybody might have some hiding in the back of the safe, I'd love to buy a couple boxes. It's for the daughter's little Remington 700 mountain rifle….and that little rifle loves that ammo. We are down to 6 rounds left. Eventually, I will have to find something different for it. BUT, if I could find a box or two, I could put it off for a few years.

Bell3wv

I know I'm probably looking for a unicorn here. This stuff has went the way of Black Talon hand gun ammo. But, if anybody might have some hiding in the back of the safe, I'd love to buy a couple boxes. It's for the daughter's little Remington 700 mountain rifle….and that little rifle loves that ammo. We are down to 6 rounds left. Eventually, I will have to find something different for it. BUT, if I could find a box or two, I could put it off for a few years.

Shag

I ran across both of those during my searching. But I've never heard of any the sites that claim to have it it stock. So I'm extremely leery of them. I mean, if it showed in stock at midway, bass pro, cabelas or something, no problem. But I find it hard to believe a place I've never heard of, just magically has something, no longer produced, in stock, at that kind of price.

Hduke86

@Shag let me check when I get home. I have a 7mm-08 that I never shoot and I know I've got a handful of boxes of ammo for it BUT I SERIOUSLY doubt I have that kind but I'll look. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that box of ammo Black with the word "Supreme" on it? I'll shoot ya a text if I remember to check when I get home from work.

Shag

@Shag let me check when I get home. I have a 7mm-08 that I never shoot and I know I've got a handful of boxes of ammo for it BUT I SERIOUSLY doubt I have that kind but I'll look. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that box of ammo Black with the word "Supreme" on it? I'll shoot ya a text if I remember to check when I get home from work.
Yep. That's the one! I appreciate it brother!IMG_2139.jpeg

44 mag

Good luck. My 30-06 loves the 168 ballistic silver tips. I have a few boxes left but have almost stopped hunting with it just so I don't run out of ammo lol

Shag

Good luck. My 30-06 loves the 168 ballistic silver tips. I have a few boxes left but have almost stopped hunting with it just so I don't run out of ammo lol
I feel ya there! Had I have known they were gonna quit making it, I'd have REALLY stocked up years ago. Never thought anything of it at the time though. Lesson learned!

Snake

I shoot the Balistic Silvertip in 150 gr. in my 7mm mag .They used to say Supreme on the box and now they don't but it is getting hard to find them . They look to be the same bullet and my gun shoots them extremely well. Hope you find some brother ole Houston may can help you out .

Hduke86

I shoot the Balistic Silvertip in 150 gr. in my 7mm mag .They used to say Supreme on the box and now they don't but it is getting hard to find them . They look to be the same bullet and my gun shoots them extremely well. Hope you find some brother ole Houston may can help you out .
I swear I'm braindead cause I was just in my gun safe and cabinet. I didn't even look to see if I had any. I'm writing a note to myself and @Shag just shoot me a text to jog my memory brother. Like….. Hey dummy see if you have those 7mm-08 rounds!!

Shag

I swear I'm braindead cause I was just in my gun safe and cabinet. I didn't even look to see if I had any. I'm writing a note to myself and @Shag just shoot me a text to jog my memory brother. Like….. Hey dummy see if you have those 7mm-08 rounds!!
No worries! I know exactly how it is. When my hands are busy doing one thing, my mind is on 100 other things I need to be doing.

dogmatik

I'm searching down here as well. Winchesters ammo is extinct. There's one mom and pop place down the road I will check this weekend tho as they are closed by the time I get off work.

Latest posts