Word on the street

buckdead

Hevi-Shot will introduce new turkey loads for 2010. There will be a new Hevi-13 shot size #7 in 12 gauge 3" with 2 oz. of shot and a 3.5" shell with 2.25 oz. of shot as well as a 20 gauge shell with 1.25 oz. of #7 shot. Those shells will provide a 33% pellet increase over the comparable #6 shot loads.

They will also introduce the "Hevi-13 Magnum Blend" turkey loads with a uniform mixture of shot sizes #5, #6 and #7. The idea with these shells is to provide a balance between the added knockdown power of the #5 shot and higher pellet counts with the #6 and #7 shot sizes.

These shells are supposed to be available for the 2010 spring season. I will be trying them out if I can get my hands on them. Hopefully they will perform similiar to the Nitros. It would be nice if they where cheaper than the Nitros too :)

adamf5353

I like the theory. I've had VERY good luck with the Winchester Supreme shells (multiple kills over 50 yards) so it will have to pattern very well!

nate17

I have a kill with Hevi that goes 58 yds(remington 870 super mag) probably a lucky shot tho.

I got a $200 mossberg that patterns better with the cheap Rem. shells than with Hevi and seems to throw a better pattern than my super mag..... Go Figure.

buckdead

they are going to up the velocity to 1200 fps. im definatly going to give them a try. they have made a quality products in the past and i dont think they will disappoint with these either.

buckdead

i shoot the nitro h378i 3" 1 7/8oz #7 1200 fps about $6 bucks a shell
i think the new hevi 3" 2oz #7 can perform as good if not better and hopefully cheaper.
i might sell off my nitros to buy a supply of these new shells :)

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I would feel more comfortable if there were some larger shot mixed up in there with the 7's.

Just a LITTLE light for my taste, but hey what I know about a turkey and about 2 bucks will get you a coke. :D

I used one Nitro last year, had 7.5, 5 and 6 in it I think.
Bad boy right there. :eek:

RAFI

RUGER said:
I would feel more comfortable if there were some larger shot mixed up in there with the 7's.

Just a LITTLE light for my taste, but hey what I know about a turkey and about 2 bucks will get you a coke. :D

i use to think the same way as you.got to understand that a 7 hevi is like a lead 5.

buckdead

RAFI said:
RUGER said:

i use to think the same way as you.got to understand that a 7 hevi is like a lead 5.
there is a little more to it than saying its like a certain size lead shot. the 7 hevis will kill em way out there tho

Latest posts