WindRock

arctic_cat

Been riding windrock since I bought the RZR. For the ones that have never rode WR its a great place to spend the weekend. Just wanted to share a few pics. Maybe we can get a tndeer ride up one day

Gravey

It's a fun place but wish the roads were marked better. I went up there last year with some guys from work and again about 2 weeks ago and both times we got turned around and took us forever to get back down the mountain. The map isn't that great either.

arctic_cat

You can get lost pretty quick. We ride a lot of the same trails because we still don't know it that well. I have a few buddys that know it very well but trying to get them to go the same time we go is like pulling teeth. Holler if you come back and ride.

Kimber45

MAN I wish that weren't so far from me! That would no doubt be a blast! I have a new Ranger after stupidly selling my old one last fall..the youngest decided to one-up ole dad and go get a 2016 RZR 1000 XP EPS and it's a mean machine!! It rides and handles so much better than my Ranger, just doesn't have the bed.

Y'all be careful and have fun!

jlanecr500

I rode that mountain range from Crossville to Cumberland gap from the 80's til 2010 on Dirt Bikes. After the mid 90's we tried to avoid the oliver springs part of it because of overcrowding and too much traffic. The Lake city (RockyTop) end gets less traffic and is not as eroded/worn out. Maybe when the weather cools off a little we can get a TNDeer ride up. I have a RZR570 that I use for hunting.

FTG-05

Used to ride all the time back when I did rock crawling.

I don't recall exactly where it was, but it faced the east: There is an old anti-aircraft defense site up there somewhere, mostly all that's left is some concrete foundations and some parts od a building or whatever. There's also a lot of new-ish antennas there as well, putting out some power since it made the GPS receivers go nuts. Pretty interesting site; maybe somebody here knows where it is.

Latest posts