Winch Cable Winding?

LanceS4803

My ATV winch doesn't have the remote cable option, so the winding is done from the switch on the handlebar., not within reach of the winch rollers.

How do you get the cable back on the spool in good order while at the same time depressing the switch?

griz01

For me, I turn the handlebars all the way to the left, bringing the switch (on the left side Grip) as far forward as I can. Standing in front of ATV, I wind in with tension on the cable, wear gloves if cable is in poor shape.

rodthan

That's one reason why I bought a winch with remote control switch. I have a smittybilt XRC winch for 3 years now and have no complaints. Anyways, griz01's suggestion sounds very handy.

jlanecr500

rodthan":z36env9y said:
That's one reason why I bought a winch with remote control switch. I have a smittybilt XRC winch for 3 years now and have no complaints. Anyways, griz01's suggestion sounds very handy.

I have a 10,000 lb one on my car trailer and I hate winding the cable even with the remote.

My winch on the RZR has a rope cable that won't snag your hands and I really like it. If it were only remote control too..

Mid-Tenn

huntintn":22s1chwx said:
Hook it to something solid and put it in neutral.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

This is how I did mine after I replaced the cable.

Ran the cable out all the way, hooked to a tree in the front yard, put the ATV in neutral and used the winch to pull the ATV across the yard while cutting the handle bars back and forth from left to right to load the spool evenly and keep it from getting wire wrapped.

Latest posts