Will we start 5-0?

PalsPal

Just saw a condensed video of LSU-Miss St.

We should be favored over them, but they are a tough team. Ran the ball well, and their QB can run which gives us fits.

Anyway, I'm an optimist, so I'm going to say that we will.

We do have an off week between FL & LSU.

cbhunter

PSA from PDB:

Not allowed to look ahead. One game at a time.your gonna make us lose like @Spurhunter did against aprons

But to add some substance to your post…lol…

LSU is hot garbage…..but can never count them out. Going into Death Valley and coming out victorious is no easy feat. I'm hoping for a night time game.

Vols 38
LSU 31

Hduke86

PSA from PDB:

Not allowed to look ahead. One game at a time.your gonna make us lose like @Spurhunter did against aprons

But to add some substance to your post…lol…

LSU is hot garbage…..but can never count them out. Going into Death Valley and coming out victorious is no easy feat. I'm hoping for a night time game.

Vols 38
LSU 31
Heck I'm looking forward to be in the playoffs and winning the Natty lol

THEdonkey0515

I think it's more likely the vols start 5-0 then 3-2

I had them splitting Florida & LSU before the season and my gut feeling still says that's what happens. My gut also says UF breaks Tennessee heart again. I just can't get myself to say UT is gonna beat UF after the last 20 years.. I mean 4 win Will Muschamp teams have rolled upto Tennessee and made them look bad. Back up Florida Qbs with no experience have won in Knoxville. Last second 50 yard bombs have beating Tennessee in this series lately. Tennessee is crused when it comes to this game.

Spurhunter

My gut also says UF breaks Tennessee heart again. I just can't get myself to say UT is gonna beat UF after the last 20 years.. I mean 4 win Will Muschamp teams have rolled up to Tennessee and made them look bad. Back up Florida QBs with no experience have won in Knoxville. Last second 50 yard bombs have beating Tennessee in this series lately. Tennessee is cursed when it comes to this game.
I agree with a lot of this. I still think Tennessee wins this year, but I wouldn't bet the farm. You are right, they are cursed when it comes to Florida. The difference is, FINALLY, we have a coach that tries to win instead of trying not to lose.

THEdonkey0515

I agree with a lot of this. I still think Tennessee wins this year, but I wouldn't bet the farm. You are right, they are cursed when it comes to Florida. The difference is, FINALLY, we have a coach that tries to win instead of trying not to lose.
That is true, and it showed in that Pitt game. Pruitt, CBJ, Dooley leave Pitt with a L 100%

Tennessee has the better team the favored team at home against a first year coach. No excuses why this team should drop ball.

Your gonna have Alot of disappointment if Tennessee don't cash this chance in against UF. Hepuel has a chance to really put his mark on this program.

Grandslam11

Florida has not played their best ball the past 2 weeks. I think UT is going to get the best the UF team has to offer. I think its going to go down to the wire. This IS the year for the Vols to get a W, but its going to be tough. I think if they beat UF, we go into Death Valley and leave with a W. IF they start out 5-0, that Bama game is going to be fun.

Side note: I hope we see that QB option more in the UF game.

UCStandSitter

I'll be the one to say it. UT trounces Florida this weekend. I don't think we've seen UF's best effort yet but, I don't think we've seen UT's either. Prediction: UT by 14. I will come back and eat these words from the stand on Sunday afternoon if I'm wrong. Everything about the teams from the past that fell victim to the "curse" is gone. We bought ourselves a better team than Florida this year (yes bought). That team is starting to gel a bit.

All that said, I'm not buying the "party like it's 1998 hype" but, for this game, I feel good about it.

PalsPal

Even better is that AlaBaMa is a home game.

I stand corrected.

I was at the game in 1982 that ended a long losing streak. It was chaos. My brother and I were in one endzone, and our parents in the other.

We couldn't move after the game. Nobody knew what to do except the ones that stormed the field and tore down the goal posts.

Could it be?

THEdonkey0515

I'll be the one to say it. UT trounces Florida this weekend. I don't think we've seen UF's best effort yet but, I don't think we've seen UT's either. Prediction: UT by 14. I will come back and eat these words from the stand on Sunday afternoon if I'm wrong. Everything about the teams from the past that fell victim to the "curse" is gone. We bought ourselves a better team than Florida this year (yes bought). That team is starting to gel a bit.

All that said, I'm not buying the "party like it's 1998 hype" but, for this game, I feel good about it.
My problem is we have had multiple better teams then florida in that last 10 years, they always find a way to blow it. I already brought up the 4-8 UF team that beat Tennessee, And some of the others.. I would love nothing more then Tennessee to walk all over Florida like they wasn't even worth getting hyped for.

This game is gonna come down to a last min score I believe. I gotta jump on UF+ 10.5

PillsburyDoughboy

We are lucky a lot of teams have turned too crap

Just saw a condensed video of LSU-Miss St.

We should be favored over them, but they are a tough team. Ran the ball well, and their QB can run which gives us fits.

Anyway, I'm an optimist, so I'm going to say that we will.

We do have an off week between FL & LSU.

Attachments

• 307756874_5510691332358351_8061487282140570_n.jpg
    307756874_5510691332358351_8061487282140570_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 48

UCStandSitter

My problem is we have had multiple better teams then florida in that last 10 years, they always find a way to blow it. I already brought up the 4-8 UF team that beat Tennessee, And some of the others.. I would love nothing more then Tennessee to walk all over Florida like they wasn't even worth getting hyped for.

This game is gonna come down to a last min score I believe. I gotta jump on UF+ 10.5
Don't disagree with what you're saying but, I'm of the mindset that a "curse" is nonsense. The folks involved in those losses are long gone. Nothing there other than believing in curses to believe it would repeat itself.

THEdonkey0515

Florida coach Billy Napier on QB Anthony Richardson's 1st SEC road start at Tennessee: "It's not like we're going to Canada & they're going to change the rules. It's going to be the same game. It's going to be a little louder & played at a different location"

Just a little louder at Neyland nothing special. Vols set a decibel record of 118 last year against Ole Miss. 114 was the record against Oklahoma the game baker Mayfield said the ground was vibrating and he had never seen anything like it. I think the fans will see this as a challenge and set a new record.

Spurhunter

Florida coach Billy Napier on QB Anthony Richardson's 1st SEC road start at Tennessee: "It's not like we're going to Canada & they're going to change the rules. It's going to be the same game. It's going to be a little louder & played at a different location"

Just a little louder at Neyland nothing special. Vols set a decibel record of 118 last year against Ole Miss. 114 was the record against Oklahoma the game baker Mayfield said the ground was vibrating and he had never seen anything like it. I think the fans will see this as a challenge and set a new record.
Be careful what you ask for......

Latest posts