Why I love a Sony S600...

TheAirMan

They will light up the night. I know a lot of people don't like white flash cams and say they spook deer. They may or may not but at least I can see what's in the pics. Top pic is a pic from my last pull from a sony s600. The bottom pic was taken last summer from a sony p51 from the same tree.

TheLBLman

NOTHING takes quality nighttime pics like a real Sony camera using white flash --- crisp color photos! :)

TheAirMan said:
I know a lot of people don't like white flash cams and say they spook deer.
It's been my experience of seeing little difference regarding how much "spooking" deer occurs between white flash and the so-called "infrared" cams which do NOT specifically use the word "black" in describing the flash.

Deer see the white flash of Mother Nature's lightning very frequently, so I don't think they're ever very badly "spooked" by a white flash of light from a trail cam. A better word is "avoidance" in that they simply react by walking around the cam or just beyond it's range ---- and they do this with both the red-flash "infrareds" as well as white flash cams. They don't do it with true black flash.

For most applications, I would prefer white flash coming from a real camera over red-flash infrared, but prefer true black flash over all.

Mike Belt

When I ran white flash cameras a couple of times I sat within a close enough distance to a couple of them I could see the flash going off pre sunrise. That was kind of neat except the deer never came my way. They do take good nocturnal pics.

ROVERBOY

I use a cheap Tasco with white flash, and I've never got a pic where a deer looked like it was spooked.

BSK

Unquestionably, homebrew cameras built around the Sony S600 have the best long-range white flash. However, they UNQUESTIONABLY, ABSOLUTELY spook deer. I can show hundreds of picture sets showing how deer have bolted from the flash of these cameras.