Whole bone-in Ribeye 5.99/lb time to dry age

BamaProud

Two weeks:
20170406_165454_zpserew9ivt.jpg

Its lost 1 lb 7.25oz or 12.2% of its original weight.

20170406_165926_zpshbhrgi2d.jpg

It still feels pliable on the surface, no "crust" or overly dry bits. No sign of mold. I don't think I'll have a problem making it 3 weeks.

DaveB

Me. I can eat a little red meat. I will be quiet and not disturb the table.

I think some of the Lemon Wine since the strawberry is not ready and the other vintages are probably gone.

My Dad used to tell me to eat green vegetables with Beef. I don't know why and never asked. Spinach salad. Maybe some grilled asparagus. No lima's, no corn.

BamaProud

DaveB":zxur8psx said:
Me. I can eat a little red meat. I will be quiet and not disturb the table.

I think some of the Lemon Wine since the strawberry is not ready and the other vintages are probably gone.

My Dad used to tell me to eat green vegetables with Beef. I don't know why and never asked. Spinach salad. Maybe some grilled asparagus. No lima's, no corn.

Oh I have plenty of options to drink. Lemon Wine, Apple Cider, Apple-Cranberry Cider, Heffeweizen, Red Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Wheat Pale Ale, Orange Heffeweizen, Lemon Brandy, Brown Ale, Blackberry wine, ...I'm probably leaving out a few. :) I'd estimate about 350 bottles of various Beers, Ciders and Wines. Pretty sure I still have a few bottles of Strawberry wine left from 2 years ago. :super:

I like the Grilled Asparagus suggestion.

WTM

BamaProud":v9vc5bpj said:
3 weeks:
20170413_123511_zpsmklqd4xi.jpg

Still no sign of mold or any crusty/dried out bits that concern me. Its lost 1 lb 11.75 ounces or 14.6% of its original weight.

Thinking about sides to go with it. Any suggestions?

looks normal to me, the outside "crust" should be like beef jerky. trim it and cook it, lol.

BamaProud

Slightly disappointed with my time management. Everything else was done way too early before the meat. I used Alton Brown's guidance despite thinking it wouldn't be long enough. We didn't eat until 9 pm. Anyway it turned out great and there are plenty of leftovers.

20170420_183957_zpsdbtdgkxt.jpg

20170420_184003_zpsm6bmrxcs.jpg

BamaProud

RUGER":8w0db5cs said:
Looks great man.

So was it better than normal enough to warrent all the time aging it?

Oh yea. Aging makes it more flavorful by concentrating the remaining moisture(it lost 16% of its original weight) as well as more tender as the very beginning phases of decomposition begin to break down the meat.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Awesome.
I admire the dedication and skill that stuff like that takes.

I am gonna try it myself one day, if I ever get the facilities to do it.

Latest posts