Who all is bow only?

spoon

I'm getting closer to bow only, but it's hard to put the ole muzzleloader down. I'm taking both this weekend

Jubal

Diehard bow hunter here. Can't stand muzzle loaders and guns are for the last week of the season, if there is no meat in the freezer - which hasn't happened many years.

Radar

I put two in the freezer yesterday , one doe ,and made a mistake on a button buck . :( Shooting light was fading, foliage was thick , and I thought it was a doe .

dmitchell28

Im pretty much a bow only. I actually got one this weekend. It was pretty much a meat deal, but it was probably the nicest three point id ever taken or seen. It had a pretty nice and high forked side, and the other side was one antler that went up 15.8 inches...it field dressed 155, huge huge deer. I was down out of the tree stand, and topped a little hill and he was standing there at no more than 12 yards, NO clue i was around. I pulled back, prefectly broadside, and shot over his back. He ran out about 45 yards and stopped and stood. Still really dumb, not really knowing what happened. He moved his left leg like he was going to give me another broadside shot, and Ive probably practiced 40-50 yard shots more than 10-15. So I went ahead and drew my parker back. When he turned he just more less gave me a slight quarting shot. I found him in my peep at about 52-54 yards, let it go and heard the SWACK.....I was using Sonic Pros, it went in right under the rib cage and through a lung and heart right out the the center of his shoulders in the front. It was a gaping 2-3 inch hole from the broadhead, he didnt go 30 yards. This hunt alone shows you its just as deadly to have a bow as a muzzleloader if you can use it.

DarkkDragon

I prefer bow only and have for a few years now. about the only time I'll bother to use my rifle or muzzleloader is if someone wants a deer and i agree to try to get one for them.

CamohunterAGAIN

Radar said:
I like bowhunting , and never consider a deer out of range a missed opportunity . I have the attitude that is I see a pattern develop away from my selected stand , I'll setup a stand in a different tree a little closer next time .
Bowhunting allows me to refine my hunting skills through observation .

Very well said! I hunt with a rifle form time to time and even bought a mzl. Don't use it though... too much trouble.. and even when I would rifle hunt I found that I usually hunt like I would with a bow...So I ended up shooting deer with a rifle that I could have shot with a bow. Now I am pretty much bow only... I own the others but I haven't even looked at them this year...Might sight in a rifle for my brother to hunt with when he comes in on Tgiving...

DBLAARCHERY

BOW ONLY...DEFFINATELY...I WILL HAVE TO ADMIT I DO CARRY A 30-30 WITH IRON SIGHTS SOMETIMES DURING RUTT WHEN I HUNT OUR PROPERTY IN WEST TN...")

THERE ARE BIGGINS OUT THERE...