Who all is bow only?

TheAirMan

I know Radar is as well as another one or two. I am leaving the muzzleloader up this year and sticking with my bow. I have come to the conclusion that those things aren't worth the trouble for me. I am also seriously thinking about leaving the rifle up as well and taking the bow all year. Of course by doing that I am probably guaranteeing myself that I'll see a 150" at like 80 yards during rifle season.

LCU

I also agree nothing compares to a bow kill.

But I can't pass up shooting a gun on Nov 1st.

After a few 4 AM wake up calls, and see plenty of deer just out of bow range,and hear others shooting guns, me going home with no meat.

I could stay with the ML,and pass up rifle. Might do it this year.

Also plan on going back to bow hunting after I fill the freezer.

My hat is off to you pure bow hunters. I just can't hunt enough to fill my freezer with bow kills, or I would be there with you.

Bow hunting is great.
Ever bow hunt rutting Elk?
Talk about fun!

JayMc

Last deer I killed with a gun (actually a MZ) was in '04. I've been bow only ever since.

cdtac1

I hunt the first muzzle season with my dad with a muzzle loader. After that I pretty much stay on a bow only wma for the rest of the year.

Radar

I like bowhunting , and never consider a deer out of range a missed opportunity . I have the attitude that is I see a pattern develop away from my selected stand , I'll setup a stand in a different tree a little closer next time .
Bowhunting allows me to refine my hunting skills through observation .

LCU

richmanbarbeque said:
plans are bow only this year. So far the deer count looks good for our freezer. If it holds I will hunt all year with a bow

How many do you have this season with a bow?
What county?

If I could take 5 more with my bow I would.

LCU

easy45 said:
Nothing compares to getting one with a bow but I'm not ready to give up my rifle and muzzleloader yet

I am the same way. Like to shoot guns at the longer distances.

The more I shoot my Omega, the more I like it.
ML hunting could get addicting.

Once the freezer is full, it's back to the bow.

UpandAt'em

I count myself as a Bowhunter. Have harvested a couple of bucks and couple of does with a 25-06. Also took a nice big Bobcat two Christmas' ago. Very fun stuff... But having been a little "hard-headed" about learning the right way to Bowhunt, I've yet to get my first bow-kill. (Deer 6 - Me 0) This year will hopefully break that string. Just not been in the right place at the right time with my bow. (learning a bunch every hunt, and having a blast!)

bobthebowhunter

I'll shoot my bow until all the leaves have dropped and i can see through the timber. Once that hits I will usually grab a rifle unless I haven't killed with a bow yet.

LCU

I like guns.
But taking a deer with a bow is real fun. Feel like you accomplished something special. I should have killed 3 this season,but only killed one so far.

bobthebowhunter

LCU said:
I like guns.
But taking a deer with a bow is real fun. Feel like you accomplished something special. I should have killed 3 this season,but only killed one so far.

I am the same. I have only killed one so far, but this weekend has been good for me with a bow in the past. That is why I never have wanted to grab a ML. Not to mention the week between ML and big gun.

LCU

I Don't shoot a rifle out past 200 yds,so my 7mm MAg might sit it out this year,and only ML hunt,and more bow.

Latest posts