Which fall away rest?

paradis1142

Im thinking of switching from the whisker bis to a drop away rest and was wondering what info anyone may have that uses them as far as what kind they use with good results. thanks

Toxophilite Phil

I know you will get several answers, so I'll chime in first. I shoot a Trap Door fall away. But they don't make that rest any longer. One of the most popular is the Trophy Taker. I will also have to say it is a very good rest. My wife shoots one and has never had any trouble out of it.

backstraps

Double Drops and Spoon both recommended rest I have used and liked.

I went to a very simple Cobra Diamondback, and LOVE IT!
The QAD mentioned above is excellent, especially thumb mechanism.

DMD

I switched to fall away a few years ago...would never shoot anything else. I shoot the trophy taker. I love it! They fixed me up at Outdoor Connection.

Radar

I like the Muzzy Zero Effect because it was solid as a rock and simple to tune . I have owned several other rests , but this is the best drop away I have shot .
I still think that a whisker biscuit , when set up right is the best HUNTING rest on the market .

Boone 58

Hey Phil, i also shoot the trap door which i have had since 2003 when i purchased my Hoyt razortec and still consider it the best on the market since there are no strings......
What Happened?
I thought the name had changed to Montana.....something or another?

Muy Grande

I have had a Muzzy Zero Effect on several bows and it is a great rest, but my Vulcan's short cable slide movement coupled with my 28 inch draw I was getting a slight clearance problem. I just ordered a Trophy Taker today to replace it. Hope it is as good as advertised.

Toxophilite Phil

Camoman270

I don't really know what happened. I do know Trap Door isn't being sold in done of my catalogs I have received this year. It is a good rest in my opinion and the company always done me good. The only flaw that I can find is in the brass block of the cocking mechanism after a few thousand shots or so it wore mthe edge off and it "might" let the rest fall if you tilted the bow straight down like you were shooting straight down from your trestand. abaut I always fixed this by tightening the adjustment down a bit.

Big J

Shooting a zero effect right now. Qad makes a good rest. Teresa at Eaglewings showed me cool rest but I cant remember what it was?? HMMMM Something from Sims I think?

Toxophilite Phil

I was thinking I hadn't seen one in any of the catalogs. I myself don't like the micro adjust model. It makes the rest sit to far back behind the bow's pivot point. I like the rest itself to be more towards the back of the bow or more towards my bow arm fingers. This allows for less critical grip placement and helps in making the bow a bit more forgiving.

Latest posts