Which do you brag about??

Do you brag about how far or how close?

• How close a deer was when you shot it?

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • How far away a deer was when you shot it?

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

cbhunter

I picked "how far" because I was really proud of my mostly free hand shot at 425

But I have screwed up so many close shots that I should be much prouder of those

Muzzy/rifle don't matter. I'd much rather shoot at something at 125 than at 25 because of my history of screwing up

agelessssone

Neither! If it's a shot I'm comfortable with I take it. If not, I don't.

I had the largest buck I've ever had my crosshairs on this year at 320 yds. Only problem is I was holding a rifle that I'm only comfortable shooting to about 200yds. He walked off to live another day.
Takes a wise man to know his limits

Roadracer6

I only bow hunt anymore. Sometimes a close up 10-15 yard shot in the thick stuff is much harder than a 40-50 yard open field shot due to all the obstacles that can/will be there with an arrow that has an arch. It honestly all depends on the situation, but that's why I enjoy bow hunting so much, the challenge is what I'm after.

redblood

I only bow hunt anymore. Sometimes a close up 10-15 yard shot in the thick stuff is much harder than a 40-50 yard open field shot due to all the obstacles that can/will be there with an arrow that has an arch. It honestly all depends on the situation, but that's why I enjoy bow hunting so much, the challenge is what I'm after.
Me as well. I hunted only squirrels with a 22 rifle since i was a kid. Still do so today. I remember thinking when i shot my first deer with a rifle- there is no way to miss something this slow and big! I struggle to make myself shoot a deer with a gun anymore. But a bow is a different story!

philsanchez76

I get way more jacked on close up shots during archery. You have to be a good woodsman to know how to set up and execute a bow shot. But then I freaking love muzzleloader season cuz I have 2 weeks to reach out and touch all those deer that seemed to be skirting me just by 50 or so yards. Rifle season is still fun but by far the least satisfying. And im definitely not gonna brag about a 100 yard shot on a field, but I sure do still love bringing home that meat.

deerhunter10

Close. Don't bow hunt nearly like I used to but still "bow hunt" them. To me much more impressive to have a deer within 50 yards than 200 plus. Imo. I will say this the guys that can legitimately shoot long distances is very impressive. The guys that think they can but don't practice and all of that and just guess that doesn't impress me at all. I would say if you ask guys that track with dogs most of the deer they track are 200 plus yards.

Latest posts