Where's a good spot near Knoxville

Hello. I'm new to Tennessee. Moved here from Oregon. For jobs and good hunting. Where would someone recommend hunting at or more importantly hiking and scouting. I have heard chuck Swan and Catoosa. However I'm not familiar with the area and those are huge areas. Curious about specific areas. I don't need a GPS location to your hunting hole just a good area where I can explore away from private property. Thanks

I appreciate the help. People from tennessee seem to be very kind.

Anyhow thanks.

Arron

Stalkhunter

Chuck Swann is a Draw hunt for Deer, Catoosa has open bow hunts and is draw hunts for Gun. West Tn has your most density of deer and middle Tn is your next biggest area for deer. Get the TWRA guide.

Lot of Hunters lease land, Getting private land to hunt can be hard.

flyinpro

Welcome to TN, but Moving from OR for the TN hunting is very funny. TN is mostly private and most of the quality public is WMA and drawn or off limits. Catoosa would be my pick.

348Winchester

Don't overlook North Cumberland WMA. It's open with statewide seasons. The Scott County portion is a good place to hunt. Look it up on TWRA maps section of their website. Anywhere off Brimstone road would be a good spot, specifically the area around Lone Mountain Church.

Stalkhunter

ordinaryredneck said:
A lot of people think Oregon has good hunting. There are a lot of public land in Oregon but high restrictions as well. Thanks for the welcome. I'll try Catoosa

I live in Knoxville and i drive to hunt. Luckly met some great guys here. But sure need to gather knox hunters up and geta lease.

Royal blue you can hunt but is rugged. I hunted it a lot. Low density but they are there. Dont shoot the elk lol.

TVA land around the lakes too. I do a bit of traveling sometines to middle TN. Some of us treck to west tn LBL for open hunts if you dont mind the drive.

TWRA guide will help.

So I have heard people talk about West Tennessee is where the hunting is at. Can I get some help locating a spot over there? I don't mind driving. If y'all point me in the direction I'm good. Thanks. BTW after my last post I went up to Catoosa and it's real nice up there. Even found a swimming hole in the creek. Looks real pretty.

Latest posts