Whats the word on Traditions

FOX FIRE

I had a Traditions hawkens yearsago & it shot great, actaully out shot my TC, but with all the new inline guns I was curious whats peopel say'n about Traditions now day.

Accuracy,durability....

easy45

My wife shoots a traditions pursuit xlt II, we both love it, wish I could afford to buy one for myself, very accurate, smooth shooting gun.

FOX FIRE

Glad to hear it, only problem I had with mine was a small S shaped spring inside the reciver broke & needed replaced, but the gun was a great shooter.

Have to say from the ones I've seen they look to be well built, but I dont know how they will compare to the compation, all the newer ML guns have come along way compared to my old 1980 something hawkens.

ImThere

easy45 said:
My wife shoots a traditions pursuit xlt II, we both love it, wish I could afford to buy one for myself, very accurate, smooth shooting gun.
I shoot this same gun got a great trigger smooth and crisp break mine however does have alot of primer blow back and if you let it build up will make breaking it ober hard

BrokenArrow

I have a Traditions Kentucky Long Rifle. A friend of mine helped me take it apart and we put it as "antique" as possible. Buckhorn sights, walnut stain, browned the barrel. Shoots .490 ball and patch like a dream.
I use to do fur trade era historical rendezvous, so I love the original black powder guns. Get that ole hawkin out if ya still got it. :grin:

FOX FIRE

I wound up trade'n it off about 7 or 8 years ago, wish'n I had kept it now, just to hang on the wall if nothing else.