CCI Percussion caps on the horizon

BPhunter

It's in the video.... pretty much the muzzleloaders were sucking hind tit with CCI taking care of the military contracts and modern shooter's demands first which was tremendous. I hope Estes who bought GOEX startes making them.
Yup, you know the old saying: "money talks, BS walks". We stocked up during the real presidency, and haven't needed caps, but, it's good to see them coming back again. Trouble is you ain't gonna find them cheap no mo!

BPhunter

I got one of the #11 cap making kits that uses a punch to make caps from aluminum soda cans. For about $70, I got the punch and enough priming compound to make somewhere around 2000 caps. More priming compound is only $20 too.

Once I got the hang of making them, they work about as well as purchased caps.
We probably have the same kit. They do work as good as the brand name. Easy to use.
Got the kit at 22irreloader.

Wobblyshot1

Sounds like a lot of work to me...one cap at a time. Guess you do what you gotta do. Glad I'm mainly a Flintlock shooter. Back when I started shooting muzzleloaders you could buy a thousand caps for $8 to $10....of course I was only making $3 an hour, LoL.

BPhunter

Sounds like a lot of work to me...one cap at a time. Guess you do what you gotta do. Glad I'm mainly a Flintlock shooter. Back when I started shooting muzzleloaders you could buy a thousand caps for $8 to $10....of course I was only making $3 an hour, LoL.
Actually it really isn't a lot of work. it goes fairly fast once you get the routine down.

Latest posts