#11 percussion

bowmaker48

Does anyone have tips or tricks to keep the percussion cap on the nipple? I have a traditions percussion muzzleloader and the caps fall off very easily.
Thanks

Carlos

Some brands are better than others. I remember back when I used them, there were some that would fall off if I tilted the gun over, while others had to be pried off the nipple.

I've heard of guys adding a lil bit of clear finger nail polish to the edge of the cap, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not…

Wobblyshot1

I'd go ahead and get a proper fitting nipple from the folks below. I believe the one you need is the third from the top. You can call to be absolutely sure or order online. I've dealt with them for many years and they're topnotch and fast. If you order today, I bet you'll have it before this weekend's hunt. While you're at it, you can look through their ML supplies. you'll probably find something you can't live without.

Tenntrapper

I used to do as above...and lightly pinch them.
Something else I would do...I don't remember the size tubing, but think it may have been aquarium tubing. Cut little pieces about the length of the cap, and put cap inside them. Put on the nipple and gently slide the tubing down to where it's about half on the cap and half on the nipple. Helps to hold it on as well as keeping moisture out.

Latest posts