What would you look for when buying a used Bike

mike243

adult ridden or been run hard & put up wet,i go around mud holes whenever possible,look underneath for heavy rust,light rust is normal,brakes,tires still have some life left in them,name brand,no belts is better but some folks like to tinker :) mike243

MsuFinProf

Is the mileage in the normal range, is it still under warranty and has it been serviced regularly, good tires, smooth shifting, good FRONT and back brakes, how does it start and run...any misses, backfires, etc.

Not sure what you are looking for, but I highly recommend the V-Star line. The 1100 is a good middle of the road size but they come smaller and larger. The V-twin, shaft drive combination is hard to beat. Just my opinion after having gone through this process recently and having bought a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic. Good luck.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok bikerpimp, I will go the extra step and do what, in my opinion is beyond the call of duty.
Yes, I deleted your posts. Apparently some people feel I was wrong to do so due to there being "nothing wrong with them".
I will explain why I did it.
Number one, I didn't pm or email you because the last time that I tried a pm and talked to you in a polite and civil manner you broke a rule of tndeer that is spelled out in black and white, no gray area, no if's and's or but's about it.
You broke a rule and you should have been banned permanently from this site. You posted publically a pm you recieved in the public forum without the senders (me) permission. On top of that you went on to post outright lies about me on the forum as well.
Due to the fact that nobody wants to see someone banned you were allowed to come back.
Your first post after coming back was a snide comment and slam against me once again.
Yes, I deleted your posts just to let you know that the bullcrap that you posted and did before just ain't gonna fly this time around.
Simple as that, right or wrong, there ya go.
Why someone is apparently upset about me deleting your posts when there is "nothing wrong with them" didn't get upset when you broke the rules you did I don't know. I also, to be rather blunt, don't care.
Post within the rules of tndeer and we have no further issues.
As always, the past is past and over with in my opinion.
If you persist in pushing the issue and continue to break the rules, we will indeed have a problem.
Good day to you and all that are "concerned" with this.

A

Anonymous

ruger...i just want to post and be left alone....i'm sorry if you have some sort of personal conflict with me but here is not the place to excersize your "authority".....thank you for leaving me alone.

since my return i have only posted in this topic and the "police officer" topic over in the general forum to share my decade of experience in the job to another member,none of which were out of line.

i posted publicly the last PM's you sent me a few months back because i got tired of being threatened by you in private so i decided to make it public.

whatever differences you have with me should stop immediately as i am not here to disrupt,nor will i be abused by anyone just because they can.

it is my hope we have an understanding and we can both co-exist here in peace without all the high school drama....no hard feelings on my end...take care and best wishes sir.....let's move on...enough is enough.

hey hogbear.....once again i ask....you talkin bout an atv or a motorcycle?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Number one, NOTHING on this site is EVER taken personal with me.
Trust me, if I had a personal issue with you it would never be seen on this site and you would have no question as to what my issue was.
You say you have only posted on those two topics since you returned. That is not a true statement and if I cared enough, I would copy and paste your post here, but I don't.
You say you posted my pm to you due to getting tired of being threatened by me in private.
Not real sure of any better way to say this so I will just say it the best way I know how. You sir, are a liar. 'nuff said.
The only "differences" you and I have is that you broke a rule and you posted lies about me (and again here) and THAT is what "should stop immediately".
We can "co-exist" here fine and dandy. No hard feelings on my end either but I promise you, if you post another lie about me on this site I swear to all that is holy, you will NEVER have another post on this site.
Take that for what you will.
You are right, enough is enough.

A

Anonymous

Ruger....Whatever you say. You would like nothing more for this to escalate into giving you solid justification into banning me once more but I'm not giving you the satisfaction. Threaten me all you want,call me what you want...I simply do not care what you think about me or what you try and make me out to be while denying your own behaviors...i'm finished discussing anything with you.

Have a nice day sir.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I am going to comment just one more time on this entire issue.
First, I send him a pm but I would like to publically apologize to the starter of this thread for letting it become what it has.
Secondly, this wouldn't have to "escalate" to give me solid justification to ban you permanently you, you did that when you posted a pm on the site.
That is what you and some others just don't want to understand, nobody wants to see anyone banned, but in some cases there is no other option given by the person in question.
I also know that no matter what you do or say you will never be mature enough to accept responsibility for your actions, nor will you ever accept the truth of the entire situation.
If you want to blame me for the entire situation and say I am wrong and I did all these terrible things, so be it. I am fine with that because I can take it. I can also sleep just fine at night whether you are on this site or not due to the fact that I know the truth and I, along with anyone that knows me, knows who I am, what I am about and what type of person I am.
All is good in the world and as you say, enough is enough.
I now publically accept all responsibility for this entire issue and say that I am 100% at fault.
Now with that being said, tell me how more fair I could be.

Once again and most importantly I apologize to EVERYONE that has had to bear through all this garbage.

A

Anonymous

I still love you Ruger. You are definitely a hot hunk of sexy moderating man love...lol....No hard feelings.I accept any and all responsibility I have had regarding this matter. Let's move on.

Take care sir and I apologize to you for anything I've done to offend you. Your apology is not expected but would likewise be appreciated.

Have a nice evening.

A

Anonymous

now hogbear...what kinda ride you looking for?...maybe i can help ya out....i spent a little time in the atv/motorcycle business over the years.

BSK

bikerpimp,

Just to clarify--and I have no dog in this fight as I know nothing about your disagreements with Ruger--but if you publicly post a PM, you are done on this site. Plain and simple. It's in the rules. "Private Messages" are private for a reason.

Latest posts