ATV Tires, What's your favorite?

Bull_TN

Putting some new tires on my Honda Foreman. I have IPT's on there now. Those things will run without any air in them. They are great, but I want a more "trail" type tread instead of a "mud" style tread. What are your favorite tires?

Bull_TN

Do they have thick sidewalls like IPT's? I want to stick with a tire that won't leave you stranded with a flat. The IPT's are basically "run flat" tires. It like the tread on those. Thanks for the info.

Bull_TN

I really like my IPT Mud Lites too. My only complaints are they feel a little loose on the road at higher speeds and can be slick on rock. Once I get off the road onto the trail, they're great 99% of the time. I might end up going with another set of those.

FTG-05

I have ITP Blackwater Evolutions on my RTV, they are 8 ply tires. I just changed the oil and checked the tires while it was on the rack. Two of the tires were less than 5 psi! one was less than 4. No wonder the RTV was getting squirrely on the road. :eek:

I'm going to need to replace them soon; I think I'm going with Tusk TERRABITE Heavy Duty 8-Ply Radial Tire - 27x11-12.

Remi

I have the Sun F bighorn copy on my Rhino and they have been excellent.

Mine are 6 ply

Andy S.

I've had good luck with ITP Mudlites as well, but current set on 2007 Foreman 500 is Tusk Terraform. They are 6 ply tire and a little more aggressive than most OEM tires, but nothing like super swampers for mud bogging. Best part was the entire set of tires to my door was $300, with two day delivery. I ordered them on Amazon, but noticed Rocky Mountain ATV dropped shipped them to me.

Tusk TerraForm Tires

Bull_TN

Several have recommended Maxxis or a generic version of them. Do they have a stiff enough sidewalk to run with little to no air in them like the IPTs?

tellico4x4

Several have recommended Maxxis or a generic version of them. Do they have a stiff enough sidewalk to run with little to no air in them like the IPTs?
Doubtful, not aggressive enough. Kinda like when we use to run 44" Boggers at 2-4psi on our buggy's so they'd wrap around rocks, but they sucked on trail or road. Always gonna give up ride quality for great traction.

megalomaniac

Im in the Maxxis Bighorns camp as well for trail tires. surprisingly smooth at 50mph on dirt roads, but will grip rocks, roots, etc better than anything else. I have a spare set of wheels and tires I switch out on my Honda 420 when I go out west.

They are not the best tires for mud, however.

Planking

Motoclaw is what i have on my foreman. I love them for rock, mud and street. Had Bighorns on the RZR and they are really good as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts