ATV mechanic?

PickettSFHunter

98 Grizzly 600. It runs like a top as long as I'm not working it hard and just going on a short trip like a mile or so. If I work it hard, hills, mud, longer trip… it starts to spray oil out onto the left side footrest near the automatic gear selector/pull start. I can't see exactly where it's coming from. Any ideas??

T.J.

98 Grizzly 600. It runs like a top as long as I'm not working it hard and just going on a short trip like a mile or so. If I work it hard, hills, mud, longer trip… it starts to spray oil out onto the left side footrest near the automatic gear selector/pull start. I can't see exactly where it's coming from. Any ideas??
Pictures or a video would help. Without seeing it, it sounds like the seal behind the recoil starter. Id pull off the recoil starter to confirm. Pull the cover. Behind that is a pulley that needs to be removed. Behind that is the seal.

PickettSFHunter

Pictures or a video would help. Without seeing it, it sounds like the seal behind the recoil starter. Id pull off the recoil starter to confirm. Pull the cover. Behind that is a pulley that needs to be removed. Behind that is the seal.
I got into it today. It seems that it is a gasket that is back behind the recoil starter. From looking at diagrams, I "think" it is the crankcase gasket. I'm no mechanic and certainly could be wrong but at least I've found the leak. Now just identifying exactly what it is and ordering one is the issue 😂

PickettSFHunter

Here is what it is. Stator gasket????

Attachments

• IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts