What was I thinking?? (Or hey, check out my S&W 610 COVID revolver)

DaveTN

During 2019 I decided I wanted to scope a revolver. I didn't want to Bubba up a pre-lock by drilling a tapping it, so I decided to try to trade a 6" Model 66 Pre-Lock, for a 686 made after 94 that was tapped from the factory. I didn't have any luck with that.

So I started looking for used. No luck with that either, most of the used I saw were being priced at or more than new. I had been keeping an eye on pricing and was about to buy new in 2020 when Covid hit. Then of course pricing went crazy, and there was no availability.

I was checking out some online dealers when I ran across a new Model 610 6". The price wasn't all that great, but it said it was available. So now I have a 10MM revolver.

I really hadn't wanted to add any new calibers, but took the plunge anyway. So now I have a 10MM with no 10MM ammo, and no ammo available at any reasonable price. I do have plenty of .40S&W I can shoot in it, if I ever get to go to the range again. I also added a .45 Colt with no ammo for it either, but can use .45ACP.

Now I have to find some nice woods grips and a holster for it. I haven't had any N frames for years, so nothing on hand.

So anyway…. have any of you added any CRB guns? (COVID/RIOTS/BIDEN)

coN1aUC.jpg

DP713

I recently added this 610-3 myself. The wood grips are what really caught my eye on this beauty! I got lucky and found a local shop that a crap ton 180 gr JHP in 50 round boxes. They were priced at $26 and I loaded up on them. I had a hard time finding a suitable holster for it and ended up going with an improvised version.

This is one of many COVID/Biden purchases lately.

610-3.jpg

DaveTN

I got lucky and found a local shop that a crap ton 180 gr JHP in 50 round boxes. They were priced at $26 and I loaded up on them.
That's a good find. That's about what they were pre CRB, but I probably will have to wait quite a while to find any reasonably priced. In the meantime I'll have to shoot .40S&W.

The moon clips that came with mine look considerably better (more substantial) than most of the aftermarket offerings I see on-line or even those shown on S&W's site. I'd like to get some more, I guess I need to email them and see who is making the ones I have.

DP713

That's a good find. That's about what they were pre CRB, but I probably will have to wait quite a while to find any reasonably priced. In the meantime I'll have to shoot .40S&W.

The moon clips that came with mine look considerably better (more substantial) than most of the aftermarket offerings I see on-line or even those shown on S&W's site. I'd like to get some more, I guess I need to email them and see who is making the ones I have.

Some ammo for you if you can hurry:

DP713

Thanks, but its gone. 👍

I've only used Armscor Ammo once; and it was terrible.
Noted... I have never used it but thought it was the most decent price that was in stock (at the time). I wont bother looking for anything in that brand going forward.

Hunter 257W

I got a new single action back in May of last year. An Uberti Stallion in 38 Special. It's a nice compact scaled down copy of the Single Action Colt that would normally be chambered in 22 LR only. I can shoot it at 4 cents a shot using 4.0 grains of Red Dot powder and 125 Grain cast bullets from 30 cents/lb lead. It has just the right amount of recoil to feel like a real gun and at the price I can shoot it a lot. At least 6,000 times then I'm out of small pistol primers. :(

I also got a S&W M&P EZ Slide 380 for the wife and daughter. Don't have a photo of it but it does the job as advertised for someone with small weak hands. Very easy to shoot. They hate my LCP but love the EZ. They were surprised to learn they both shoot the same cartridge.

Last I got a Glock 44 about the end of January. Price on it wasn't too pleasant but it was available and i wanted a gun I could practice with cheaply that felt like my main carry pistol. I carry a Glock 27 and the 44 feels very much like it. Same square blocky feel, same spongy heavy cap pistol trigger. :) It's not a great gun to shoot but I got the Glock for it's simplicity and reliability which is absolutely required for a carry gun. Having a rimfire practice gun that is for all purposes identical is a great way to get good with the gun that may save your life some day. I've gotten more handgun practice in since I bought the 44 than in the last several years. I can go shoot 50 or 100 22 LRs any time I want with no thought to cost.

Attachments

• Uberti Stallion.jpg
    Uberti Stallion.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Glock 44.jpg
    Glock 44.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 61
** Got to get busy, sitting around the house is getting expensive.
Ain't that the truth..
found a Uni-corn, Les Baer in .40
A springer 9mm worked over by Novak
Another Uni-corn, A Trophy Match in .40

Attachments

• P2_40.jpg
    P2_40.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6632.jpg
    IMG_6632.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Springfield-Armory-1911-40-Smith-and-Wesson-Trophy-Match-with-Armory-Kote_101577596_144962_4BC...jpg
    Springfield-Armory-1911-40-Smith-and-Wesson-Trophy-Match-with-Armory-Kote_101577596_144962_4BC...jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts