What kind of stake setup you using?

TN Song Dog

Curious what everyone prefers to use to stake their DP and predator traps?

I have the MB Chain Stakes and use the heat treated driver. One thing I'm considering is cutting them and putting a 3/16 quick link in line to make for easy swaps. I have a trap out that's been dug twice because it needs to be cleaned. Haven't fooled with it because not looking fw to digging the anchor and destroying the set. Considering just cutting and going back with the quick link.

rem270

This is what I use. And this is what I use to pull them up with. I pulled a DP up today to move it in a matter of seconds. If you don't want to buy one holler at me. I can get this to you so you can get them pulled up and reset.
Screenshot_20240107_212759_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_212649_Chrome.jpg

jman 125

I use wolf fangs and 18" of cable and a quick link. The wolf fangs and cable are very cheap and if i cant pull one im not out 4$ in chain and i make my own driver
1/2 inch smooth steel dowel i slot one end and weld a 2x2 x1/4 flat plate to the other

hammer33

I have been using berkshire disposables with good results. Buy in bulk from "The snare shop.com"
Then use snare cable to make different length cables.
In our hard rocky/clay ground 14-16" seems to work best.
Pound the driver stake in first to scout for rocks, attach the anchor cable to the trap with a quick link and drive the anchor in. Cheap and effective.
you DO have to replace the cable every so often if you leave them in the ground year round as the cable will eventually rust.

square

Berkshire earth anchors. Use an auger on a cordless drill to drill down beside them and they can be easily pulled up. The auger also makes a fine dirt hole. For the DP's,Get some 3/32 or 1/8 cable and ferrules. Make a small loop in one end. Make a loop in the other end that the trap will pass through . Small loop through the swivel. Big loop through the small loop. Cable around a tree. Trap through the big loop. Easy to move

Latest posts