What do you look for in a stabilizer?

Soddy

I lost my stabilizer off my bow this weekend and I was wondering what to look for in a replacement. My old one was a Tru-Glo about 6 inches long. Inexpensive and probably fairly light. What are the advantages to a heavier stabilizer vs. a lighter one? Anything I should stay away from? I have a Mathews Switchback.

Radar

I like a little heavier stabilizer that adds weight to the front of the bow and gives it more stability to hold steady at full draw .

bobthebowhunter

I have had a carbon impact (gel) and now have the octane 7.5.

I have alwaysed picked stabs that will absorb hand shock.
I will soon be experimenting with length and weight. I went to this web site to look and found that they have some really good info.

jimposten.com

LCU

It is more about where the weight is located, rather than how heavy the stab is.
I use a Stealth on my Drenalin.
I don't need a stab with vibration control,because my bow is quiet as is.

BowGuy84

weight...nearly all will take out some hand shock and some noise. I want weight so I can hold steadier. I shoot an old vibracheck with two Sims modules beind it. It is massive, and I love it. Only part of this bow ill change over to my next one if I can't find another (I think they discontinued the design)

Soddy

Look here, Greenjeans. You don't do enough bowhunting to ever lose one. We can't all just cruise into our comfy shooting houses on our big company paid lease and yet still not kill any deer. If you want to talk about it, you know where I am. I'll be waitin' right here.

Latest posts