What broadheads?

Nsghunter

I aquired a new crossbow (see whew big mistake) and need broadheads. I have 100gr 3 blade muzzy for my old compund but I don't know if they will work on my xbow. It is a barnett brotherhood m3 recurve. I beleive its 150 lbs. I like the affordability of the muzzy and prefer to stay with those. I found the trochars but I don't know anything about them versus the standard muzzy. All input is appreciated.

Thanks

Atchman2

Your old broadheads should work just fine. Just shoot it a few times with the broadheads first. Sometimes broadheads make it hit different than your practice points.

Grill-n-man

Your Muzzy heads should be fine. The muzzy trocar is an accurate one, seen them shot from both compounds and crossbows. But there is always a chance with any broadhead of flight problems. Only sure fire way of knowing is shooting them and seeing how they group. Personally a Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain (not the MX3) head is the only head I will shoot. Been shooting them for over 20 years in both compound and a couple of crossbows and they just flat out work. The only heads labeled for crossbows to be concerned with are expandables. The speed and energy from some of the new ones, like the ones pushing 360-405 fps, are so great that some of the head's working parts needed beefed up.

TNGunhunter

I have a Barnett Jackal, 150lb, supposedly shoots 315fps. I've used it the last 3 years, and have had real good luck with it. I use 125gr Rage expandables. Large bloodtrails!! If you buy at the store, you will spend $40-$45 + tax. I found them on ebay for $65-$68 for 2 3pks of them. They also come with practice broadheads that fly just like the regular broadheads. I understand there were some issues with the older Rage expandables, but have since upgraded the collars. I guess I just got lucky and always got the upgraded collars, because I've never had 1 issue with them not expanding and working as advertised, and my wife and I have killed 8 deer with them, mostly complete pass-throughs at 15-30 yards. Good luck.

Latest posts