What a morning (pic added)

Hduke86

What a morning to be in the woods in Hamilton County. I had deer running and chasing before daylight and at 7:15 had a big buck come busting out of nowhere. I saw the body of it and knew it was a heavy deer and then I caught a glismp of his rack. He never would slow up after numerous attempts to stop him so I got on him in the scope and waited for my chance. He was coming from my right to left and wanted to take the shot as he got to my left for a quartering away shot and when he cleared some brush I was on him and squeezed the trigger and then it was dead silent. I thought I missed him but once the smoke cleared I saw him kicking. It was a high shoulder shot and dropped him in his tracks. I remember reading the other day about people trying to get their deer loaded and thought I've never had a problem just reaching down and grabbing the antlers and dragging it in but boy was I wrong about it this morning. It took everything I had and a long log as leverage to get him in but truly will be a hunt I remember for a life time and on that note I thank God for His creations and the men and women that have served, serving and the ones no longer with us that gave their all for me to be able to enjoy the things that we take for granted and the simple things in life

Attachments

• 39CD116C-D8D7-4D25-A5FE-F628D317D470.jpeg
    39CD116C-D8D7-4D25-A5FE-F628D317D470.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,951

Latest posts