What’s for breakfast?

akachuck

After a LONG night of playing corn hole with friends and family woke up and made me some of my favorite... biscuits and gravy. Oh boy was it good!!!

Attachments

• 49FD375C-D0F4-44FD-AEB8-8F6A1D8C64B5.jpeg
    49FD375C-D0F4-44FD-AEB8-8F6A1D8C64B5.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 130

akachuck

I'm not a gravy expert. Decided at the last minute to make it. Put the flour in first, then the milk. Turned out really lumpy. I assume I should have done the milk first then added the flour a little at a time as needed?
Fry whatever meat your gonna fry, sausage, bacon etc. dump meat out and keep the grease in the pan, turn heat to medium low and add about quarter cup of flour, whisk until clumpy. That's your "rue" then add splashes of milk and continue to whisk constantly until thickened to your liking, add meat back and season to taste with salt and pepper

arickettsjr

Fry whatever meat your gonna fry, sausage, bacon etc. dump meat out and keep the grease in the pan, turn heat to medium low and add about quarter cup of flour, whisk until clumpy. That's your "rue" then add splashes of milk and continue to whisk constantly until thickened to your liking, add meat back and season to taste with salt and pepper
For those new to making gravy, err on the side of less flour. I like mine where it just starts to get lumpy, but will still kind of flow/melt if I stop whisking for a couple seconds. Also, use evaporated milk or heavy cream for a really rich and thick gravy.

Snowwolfe

Equal parts of flour and fat. Use whole milk or 1/2 and 1/2. Plenty of black pepper and Lawrys seasoned salt to taste. Make sure it simmers for a while to get rid of the flour taste. Add liquid as you go to make it the thickness you like.

Last edited:

Latest posts