Well that sucked

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Watershed locked up.
Opened a hole, fired up my mallard machine / ice eater and waited for them to pour in.

Eating breakfast at hardees.

End of story.

LOL I hate duck hunting!
[emoji1]

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

MickThompson

The only time I've gotten out this year, I walked a half mile in and the hole I wanted to hunt was frozen 1/2" thick. No other pond was even close to frozen over, and this spot was over 5 acres of open water. I can relate.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Won't be that way next weekend with the high in the 60s. Debating if it's worth trying with it that warm.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I know one thing for sure.
I will do all the prep work and more than likely will be building a floating blind this summer, BUT if we don't draw in the top 5 at Gooch I will do ALOT less duck hunting next year.

It is fun and I love it but trip after trip after trip of 1, 2 or 0 birds gets very old.

I have said and heard, "Tomorrow will be the day" so much this year it makes me sick.

benellivol

RUGER":2v86v5d6 said:
I know one thing for sure.
I will do all the prep work and more than likely will be building a floating blind this summer, BUT if we don't draw in the top 5 at Gooch I will do ALOT less duck hunting next year.

It is fun and I love it but trip after trip after trip of 1, 2 or 0 birds gets very old.

I have said and heard, "Tomorrow will be the day" so much this year it makes me sick.

But then, you are there that "day" and you spend thousands of dollars and a few seasons chasing that "day" again.

Latest posts