Well, it’s official…..

Specializedjon

Law says you can kill two turkeys a year. He killed two. I was meaning from an environmental mindset. The number for the year was met. Not like he kept hunting.
I pray to God you're not a deer hunter, or any species for that matter.

Rules are rules. Right, wrong or indifferent, as sportsmen we need to follow them and HONOR the animals we harvest. The only other thing worse than a poacher is a pedophile in my eyes.

Not sure you're understanding the original post. You kinda sound like Hillary when she was questioned about Benghazi. Just sayin.

tntrkkllr

Everything seeming good in the video until after the shot. Complained more than anything about killing a turkey. Definitely seem like some douche bags. And the whole " my gun must be low" made me sick. It's amazing some of the videos on YouTube of people shooting and making horrible horrible shots.I know couple years ago a guy in Ms got in huge trouble for killing a pet turkey with a cast iron just to say he killed one in Mississippi. Have had a couple Arkansas people mess my hunts up on public land in MS and here and TN. It's sad to see how people are and how little to no respect they have for killing animals.

timberjack86

It's not too late… turn him in and let TWRA handle it.. he's gonna post the video proof of what he did, unless he's reading this. You might be surprised at the effectiveness of TWRA. Give them an opportunity to restore your faith in them.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

scn

If he took any part of the illegal bird back to AR, he has committed a federal Lacey Act violation. It probably would lead to a joint investigation from both TWRA and AR DNR.

It is at least worth getting him interviewed where he can sweat the potential federal charges. If there is enough to get him convicted, he very possibly faces revocation of his hunting privileges which would keep the DB from hunting in 49 states for a while.

deerfever

If I knew for sure he did it, he is turned in. First off I can't believe he somehow got permission to hunt the property being out of state,. I would definitely make sure my neighbor understands what he did was illegal. Second, I have went out of state to hunt and realize as a guest you better know and follow every rule , it's what's expected and it's your responsibility. If TN wanted you to kill two a day and it didn't matter then the law would state that, it's 1 per day so follow the law. I wish these guys on YouTube , social media or whatever would just go away and quit making sure everyone knows what state they are in, it does the residents of that state no favors at all. There must not be a turkey in Arkansas as those guys are in every state I have ever been in to hunt! Lol

Last edited:

megalomaniac

Sounds to me like your neighbor won't do anything about it since he didn't seem to care. Wish he cared enough to tell him not to come back.
This is the angle I would take....

If he is a good neighbor, I'd have a long sit down with the neighbor, explain how much damage the AR u tuber is doing to the local population, how he is stealing from the rest of the hunters in the state, how what he did is not only unethical, but illegal, and show him last years turkey kill video glorifying the massacre of the toms.

Good chance you will him get thrown off that property, but even if that doesn't happen, I suspect he will let the AR poacher know someone is watching him closely which hopefully leaves him with a sick feeling of paranoria for years.

I've done this several times, and it works remarkably well, especially if you have a good relationship with nonhunting neigjbors

If he was my neighbor didn't know about it. He was the one who told me he shot two birds on opening day and left to head back to AR. The guy has yet to tell me anything. I reached out to him on ig and he never mentioned the second bird in our very short conversation. He just posted it to his account the next day like he had just killed it and was headed back that day. He had to have posted it from AR as he left Saturday per my neighbor.

I took that picture Saturday morning thinking I was celebrating someones success.

He posted that the next day, but, according to my neighbor he killed the second bird opening day afternoon.

The "pasture pimp" has no post on either date of TN opening weekend.

Was I there when he pulled the trigger on either one? No. Everything I know is hearsay from my neighbor, and the fact I know he wasn't there Sunday. I know where he was sitting when he killed the first turkey. Remember I saw him walking out. I also know which side of the fence the bird was on and which side he was on.

Could I give testimony that I know 100% what he did. Not that I saw with my own eyes. But I also know 1+1=2. Always has. Always will.

This is the angle I would take....

If he is a good neighbor, I'd have a long sit down with the neighbor, explain how much damage the AR u tuber is doing to the local population, how he is stealing from the rest of the hunters in the state, how what he did is not only unethical, but illegal, and show him last years turkey kill video glorifying the massacre of the toms.

Good chance you will him get thrown off that property, but even if that doesn't happen, I suspect he will let the AR poacher know someone is watching him closely which hopefully leaves him with a sick feeling of paranoria for years.

I've done this several times, and it works remarkably well, especially if you have a good relationship with nonhunting neigjbors
This is probably what I will end up doing. Thanks for the input. I have a couple of TWRA guy's #s and will probably get their input also. Lime I said in my OP, it really got to me. I should have responded differently, but it knocked the wind out of my sails.

I do not agree with the comment that it does not really matter that he killed the 2 birds on the same day. That is not a logical response to breaking the law. I believe the guy should be reported and left to the proper authorities to decide his fate. When a person states their opinion that in contrary to what the law says I am concerned for this hunting activity I enjoy so much.

yellalinehunter

I never once said congratulations for the dude breaking the law. I don't break laws and I try to leave places better than I found them. I do habitat projects to help all the wildlife in places I have permission to hunt and my own personal land.
I did and still believe that a turkey killed 12-24 hrs apart doesn't matter more than there are two fewer birds. How is that much different from shooting one opening morning. Roosting second bird that evening, and shooting him the next morning when he pitches down? I get it because the law says so.
I have turkey hunted 18 years and love every moment of it the hard times make the successes even more meaningful. Turkey hunting is one of my true passions and take it very seriously. I'm not a YouTuber or camera guy and I believe like most that those folks do more harm to our hunting than anything else
Comparing my comment to what Hillary Clinton said regarding Benghazi and the lives that were lost is a huge difference and a disservice to our soldiers that lost their lives due to political negligence.
Hope that clears up anything

knightrider

I never once said congratulations for the dude breaking the law. I don't break laws and I try to leave places better than I found them. I do habitat projects to help all the wildlife in places I have permission to hunt and my own personal land.
I did and still believe that a turkey killed 12-24 hrs apart doesn't matter more than there are two fewer birds. How is that much different from shooting one opening morning. Roosting second bird that evening, and shooting him the next morning when he pitches down? I get it because the law says so.
I have turkey hunted 18 years and love every moment of it the hard times make the successes even more meaningful. Turkey hunting is one of my true passions and take it very seriously. I'm not a YouTuber or camera guy and I believe like most that those folks do more harm to our hunting than anything else
Comparing my comment to what Hillary Clinton said regarding Benghazi and the lives that were lost is a huge difference and a disservice to our soldiers that lost their lives due to political negligence.
Hope that clears up anything
The part where you say it doesnt matter, it damn sure does matter! No guarantee he would have killed it next day