We did it all summer

Dbllunger

My buddy and I caught Rockfish like this one all summer long on the Cumberland river near Carthage this year. We fished early mornings with artificial lures. This one weighed 25 pounds but we regularly caught fish from 15-35 pounds. Can't wait till next summer to get back after them again......right now though, its all about the deer hunting.
The second pic is my fishing partner with his 35 pounder.
willaug2010.jpg

Chris2010.jpg

Dbllunger

I grew up on the gulf coast fishing for specs and reds but nothing fights like these river monsters. Baitcasters, 17lb line, shallow running lures in clear water, watching them swallow it and turn and run. All you can do is hold on at first and pray they don't break you off!

Headhunter

I am going to say you put in at Carthage, go to the Caney Fork and run up to the first bridge and then fish the pools with a 7" redfin (waking it) before first light.

Dbllunger

Headhunter said:
I am going to say you put in at Carthage, go to the Caney Fork and run up to the first bridge and then fish the pools with a 7" redfin (waking it) before first light.

Very close on all accounts but not exactly......Put in Caney....float down with motor up and fish until about the first bridge in pools.....7 inch redfin swimming about a foot below the surface.....17lb test....big net.....hang on........take pic.....release fish......repeat

Latest posts