Sold/Expired Water heater

TRIGGER

How are you liking the tankless unit so far Trigger? And what style/brand did you get?
Went with the Rinnai. So far so good. The wife loves it not only for the endless hot water but also the space saving. The WH was in the laundry room but now the tankless is in the garage. Opens her up a lot of room. I'm interested in seeing the difference in the electric bill and propane usage.

MUP

Went with the Rinnai. So far so good. The wife loves it not only for the endless hot water but also the space saving. The WH was in the laundry room but now the tankless is in the garage. Opens her up a lot of room. I'm interested in seeing the difference in the electric bill and propane usage.
When I first installed our tankless unit our electric bill went from $120-130/mo to just under $50. Of course, as you said, you have to factor in the propane usage as well, but it was definitely one of the better upgrades we've ever made as homeowners. Just replaced the one we bought in 2006, last year, with a new Rheem unit (same as the old one) but with a much higher capacity. I think you'll be happy for a long while with it. ;)

Jon54

I was a fan until recently. Still may be, but recent issues have made me question the tech.

I replaced both hot water heaters 5+ years ago. A month ago, we lost the system due to a bad heat exchanger. The part was covered by warranty but labor cost me $2,300 to replace it. We were told that the failure was due to the fact that we had not properly flushed the system. But this system was maintained annually by the installer.

Carlos

I was a fan until recently. Still may be, but recent issues have made me question the tech.

I replaced both hot water heaters 5+ years ago. A month ago, we lost the system due to a bad heat exchanger. The part was covered by warranty but labor cost me $2,300 to replace it. We were told that the failure was due to the fact that we had not properly flushed the system. But this system was maintained annually by the installer.
My opinion is it's way better to stick with the standard water heaters.
KISS.

YMMV

Latest posts