• Help Support TNDeer:

Was it a coon hunt?

'borohunter

Out on Priest Saturday and heard a number of dogs and shots most of the day. Shots sounded like shotguns and I assumed squirrel or rabbit but then wondered if t could be coon hunters. Considering the turkey population I was hoping coon hunters. Perhaps the hunter(s) are on the forum but barring that is there anyway to know? I'm not a coon hunter so perhaps obvious to those that are. Maybe more of a hope than anything else.

Safari Hunt

Hard to say. There were the remains of a coon at the entrace of a local WMA. Looked like it had been shot in the head. Blood all over the mouth and ground.

2in1shot

Raccoons are active at night. Hunting takes place at night not during the day. More than likely rabbit hunters.

'borohunter

Makes sense and thought so but maybe more hope than reality. I've seen a lot of coons out there - may need to set a few traps and see what happens...

Weegee

Makes sense and thought so but maybe more hope than reality. I've seen a lot of coons out there - may need to set a few traps and see what happens...
I’ve been wanted to start doing some trapping, but the only private land available to me is an hour and half away so not practical to check every day. If you trap public for coons, you gonna use DP’s? I’d hate to catch someone’s dog...

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts