Vortex Scopes

FallRutSpringStrut

Anyone have any experience with Vortex scopes. I hear some good reviews and the pricing is not to bad. I recently have heard alot of good things about the Minox from this website. I have a pair of Minox binos and they are great. Any suggestions.

Model70Man

I have a Vortex Viper 2-7. It is an excellent scope. It is comparable to the VX3 optically. The discontinued versions are the best bargain going. The Crossfire and Diamondback scopes from Vortex are not the well made and do not have the same glass as the Viper or Razor series.

fastbs

I'll second what model70man said. Their viper series is good stuff.
I currently have a viper pst (not really mine but its in my safe) and a 2-7 viper on my muzzle loader.
The 2-7 is sweet deal on swfa.com till they run out.

sqezer

Vortex is just down the road from our UPS center in Middleton Wi. and yes they are great scopes. I have 6 or 7 of them, 5 on muzzleloader, 1 on a 7MM 1 on a 250-3000 Savage 99 and a 6.5 x 24 on my 25-05 Savage Tactical. If you do any Banquets contact Vortex and they will give you a discount price on your orders.

ImThere

Dollar for dollar on the lower priced ones are they comparable to the nikon prostaff and the vx1 leopould I don't have big money for high dollar scopes but I try not to buy tascos from walmart either say less than $200

sqezer

I have one of the crossfires that I tested on the 25-06 before mounting the Viper on it, it worked great, it had the luminated red dot and works great.

ratsnakeboogy

The way I read it, the Crossfire is made in China, the Diamondback is made in the Phillipines, and the Viper is made in Japan. This may just be the glass, I'm not sure.

I have a Crossfire on my loaner muzzleloader and it has done very well so far.

I really like the Viper series though.

redblood

sqezer said:
Vortex is just down the road from our UPS center in Middleton Wi. and yes they are great scopes. I have 6 or 7 of them, 5 on muzzleloader, 1 on a 7MM 1 on a 250-3000 Savage 99 and a 6.5 x 24 on my 25-05 Savage Tactical. If you do any Banquets contact Vortex and they will give you a discount price on your orders.

do you collect muzzleloaders? i have one and that is too many for me.

Latest posts