Vols in playoff prediction?

buckaroo

Rodney Garner, the best of the best DLine coach says he thinks he has the best D line in the country, big statement coming from him, and they are deep for a change. Nico, 100% better accurate mobile qb, Sampson our rb, love his running, our LB who was out most of season played awesome is back forgot name Pele? Word has it our secondary much improved, favorable schedule, what do you think? I think we do make it

PalsPal

No idea. Just want to have a chance in all of the games.

It also depends on how many teams get in the playoff. Might be better to not get in the SEC champ game.

I will say that if GA goes undefeated in the league, it will be the best run ever.

They play Bama, TN, Ole Miss, FL, TX, plus others.

cbhunter

I'll remain cautiously optimistic and hope for the best. They have 4 SEC home games in a row with a week off in the middle (Florida, Bama, Kentucky, and Mississippi State) so that is good. Georgia and Oklahoma on the road will be tough. Time will tell but it's fun to dream.
My feelings to a T

It can't get here soon enough either way! Let's play the games and see

Creek bottoms

I got kicked off of Volnation for being honest. TN fans need to take off their orange colored glasses. TN will be 8 and 4 this fall. We're not built to hang with OU, bubba and GA. We keep having trouble with FL when we shouldn't! MO has opur number too! KY finds an acorn every now and then.

bowhunterfanatic

I got kicked off of Volnation for being honest. TN fans need to take off their orange colored glasses. TN will be 8 and 4 this fall. We're not built to hang with OU, bubba and GA. We keep having trouble with FL when we shouldn't! MO has opur number too! KY finds an acorn every now and then.
I think you're giving OU wayyyy too much credit. Not saying we beat them since it's on the road, but we are every bit the same caliber team as them.

chris1976

You are not paying attention to what Heuple has been building. We are 3 deep across the entire defensive line. We have completely upgraded the secondary. Our wide receiver room is stacked with playmakers and we have the #1 rated QB from last year. Did I mention our pass rusher is being projected to go top 5 in the draft? I can see why they kicked you off.

wayne

No idea. Just want to have a chance in all of the games.

It also depends on how many teams get in the playoff. Might be better to not get in the SEC champ game.

I will say that if GA goes undefeated in the league, it will be the best run ever.

They play Bama, TN, Ole Miss, FL, TX, plus others.
Both teams in SEC Championship game will be in the playoffs.

wayne

How does Missouri have Tennessee's number when they are 1-4 in the last 5, and under Heuple Tennessee has outscored them 135-84?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
OU is a wildcard. Not sure what to expect out of them with a second year coach who has rebuilt his depleted team. They have talent

UA is similar to the above. First year for DeBoer, but lots of talent.

UGA has a brutal schedule this season, in conference , out of conference, at home and on the road. Thin in the offensive backfield but talented. Secondary should be stout except for one of the CB spots. DL is solid, but may not create the disruption needed to create the opportunities for the rest of the defense to be top tier. I don't know what to expect from them in the new league format.

Point being, it's anyone's opportunity this year. New transfer rules. New SEC. New playoff. I wouldn't rule anything out, which is great for the sport, but I just don't necessarily like how we've gotten here or feel the emotional attachment that I used to. I'm officially an old man now

Gravey

This just popped up on my UT athletics app. Tried to copy the article but it won't do it from the app. Guess there's a few others excited about what they're seeing on The Hill.
IMG_6471.png

BamaProud

It's May 1st. With all the transfer craziness these days who the heck knows what any given team will look like this year. I'm sure you can find a few fans of nearly every team that think their team has a good shot of being in the playoff.

Displaced_Vol

I am cautiously optimistic. Couple things in our favor schedule wise a couple things make it tough but that's life in the SEC.
A lot will depend on Nico. If he's as good as advertised I think our floor is 9 wins, maybe a floor of 10 if we take just 1 of 3 from OU, Bama & UGA.
2 things I am concerned about are Cam Seldon's injury & interior O-Line. Rotating backs really helped the offense last year.
If Cooper goes down our offense takes a step back. Need somebody to step up and be a better than good left guard.
On defense our secondary is unproven, but easily more athletic than the last few years.
I think what will help them as much as anything though is what I hope will be an elite pass rush.

TNTreeman

Way to early to predict much. Hopefully 8 wins and anything else will be great. Folks putting way to much pressure on a first year QB . With all the new folks you never know how they gel and formulate wins. Who would've ever thought Washington would've been where they were last year? It could be Ole Miss , AM, Texas , or some dark horse that looks unstoppable . Hard to predict much imo.

PillsburyDoughboy

Its really sad that this is where we are at. That people are expecting to make the playoffs with a 8-4 record.

Might as well give away participation trophies at this point and call it a day.

chris1976

It's really sad that this is where we are at. That people are expecting to make the playoffs with a 8-4 record.

Might as well give away participation trophies at this point and call it a day.
Don't worry, you can always LOOK BACK fondly on the golden years 😂. Your sadness brings me a bit of joy. Lord forgive me.

PillsburyDoughboy

Don't worry, you can always LOOK BACK fondly on the golden years 😂. Your sadness brings me a bit of joy. Lord forgive me.
Not sad for me. Sad for all these folks that sit around and lose all their games and then sit around and do checkerboard math and try and figure out how they are going to make the playoffs. That or sit around and cheer for Lane Kiffin To win some games for them so they get themselves into the playoffs. Pathetic if you ask me.

Latest posts