Vols at Texas A&M

Displaced_Vol

Listened to most of the first half, watched most the second. Ugly. Officiating was pretty bad. Not in a "the refs hosed us" kind of way just wildly inconsistent all night. But that's about par for Pat Adams crew.
On its own we lost against a pretty good team that's playing their best ball on their home court. Bigger picture is we've lost 5 out of the last 7 and we had a good lead most of the first half. At times it was painful trying to score.

THEdonkey0515

Got called into work recored it only for my wife to tell me we lost right when I walked though the door.

I checked stats Tennessee beat A&M In every major category but one.

FG%
Total rebounds
Offensive rebounds
3pt %
Blocks
Assist

All went Tennessee's way! steals was tied at 9 a piece.

But Free throw attempts & FT% was dominated by A&M it looks like. 34 attempts to UTs 14 attempts. 82% to Uts 71% getting to the line and making foul shots has hurt this team bad.

PalsPal

A&M attacked the rim. We threw up shot-clock beating 3s. That's why A&M shot so many free throws. And give them credit, they made most of them.

We just don't have a go-to scorer in crunch time.

Forvols

No. 13 Tennessee (20-8, 9-6 SEC) lost 68-63 to No. 25 Texas A&M (21-7, 13-2) at Texas A&M's Reed Arena. UT has lost four straight road games and hasn't won away from Knoxville since Jan. 21 at LSU. The Vols have lost five of their past seven games.

Hopefully, Vols are getting the loses out of their system and come tourney time will be on an upward trend and peaking. Or mediocre finish to the season. Barnes needs to find another button to push, cause the current approach aint working.

Displaced_Vol

A&M attacked the rim. We threw up shot-clock beating 3s. That's why A&M shot so many free throws. And give them credit, they made most of them.

That is true no doubt. But, A&M was also in the bonus at the damn 15:00 minute mark in the second half, maybe earlier I can't remember exactly. We had I think 4 fouls in the first 90 seconds.

I will say though our boys don't quit and I sure appreciate that. We got it back down to 1 at the end and they trailed by 7 & 8 several times in the second half.

wayne

Shot-clock 3's are always high percentage shots. Should try more of them.
I'm starting to think that the defense isn't that good, it's just that Tennessee uses so much clock to get a bad shot and that lessens the scoring opportunities for the other team.

scn

Supposedly due to their scheduling, A&M was on the bubble for getting into the tournament even though they are #2 in the conference. I would not be surprised at all to hear that there was a call by Sankey to the refs at halftime that it was very obvious the Vols were fouling more than was being called.

The zebras hit TN up with 6 fouls in the first 90 seconds of the second half. That put A&M on the foul line for the remainder of the half. That turned out to be the difference in the game.

Latest posts