vol thoughts

gator-n-buck

PalsPal said:
gator-n-buck said:
[
Yep.... SC and KY doesn't have good "Ds".

But you said KY was a good team :D !

I never said FL had a good "O" at that time either... :D KY has been beat up and lost 5 in a row since FL.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/ ... l-33195549

"But it�s not a stretch to suggest the Vols didn�t look the same against the Tigers� tough defense as they did against the lackluster groups from South Carolina and Kentucky"

I guess I'm not the only one that noticed... :)

THEdonkey0515

Jones has did enough to be the coach again next year, after the vandy win we will be 6-6 and go to a bowl. As long as he hits the recruiting hard again and he will and wins a solid 7 next year I see no reason why he would not get a 4th year to try and win 8+ and win the east. Think in 2 years will be there best shot to win 8+ when Dobbs and Hurd and other young leaders become Jr's and seniors. If we don't hit 8+ wins then I don't know when or who could get us there!

gator-n-buck

THEdonkey0515 said:
Jones has did enough to be the coach again next year, after the vandy win we will be 6-6 and go to a bowl. As long as he hits the recruiting hard again and he will and wins a solid 7 next year I see no reason why he would not get a 4th year to try and win 8+ and win the east. Think in 2 years will be there best shot to win 8+ when Dobbs and Hurd and other young leaders become Jr's and seniors. If we don't hit 8+ wins then I don't know when or who could get us there!

Yep.... Big improvement... He might win one more game (5-7 vs 6-6) because Vandy is not that good this year... :D

THEdonkey0515

Yup go from 5 to 6 (this year) and I even said 7 next year lol as long as he brings another top recruiting class in 7 would be fine with me it's not HUGE improvement but it is improvement?
Brick by brick and in two years I hope it's at 8+ see
See muschamp didn't take over a team half as bad as jones did think we all agree on that. He won what 7 or 8 his first year? That's ok then 11 year number two? Then Everyone one went nutty about him and driskel:) and then after he coached them a few years he went backwards with 4 wins and 6 now unless they upset FSU. Hope jones don't go BACKWARDS like muschamp lol let's see how your new coach you have no idea who is, does in his first two years after taking over the team his gonna get:)

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck said:
PalsPal said:
gator-n-buck said:
[

I never said FL had a good "O" at that time either... :D KY has been beat up and lost 5 in a row since FL.

"But it�s not a stretch to suggest the Vols didn�t look the same against the Tigers� tough defense as they did against the lackluster groups from South Carolina and Kentucky"

Mizz, SC, KY comparison between UT and UF

Mizzou vs UF. 42-13 UF loss
Mizzou vs TN 29-21 TN loss

SC vs UF 23-20 UF loss
SC vs TN 45-42 UT OT win

KY vs UF 36-30 2 OT win UF
KY vs TN 50-16 UT win

gator-n-buck

TeamMainStreet said:
gator-n-buck said:
PalsPal said:
gator-n-buck said:
[

"But it’s not a stretch to suggest the Vols didn’t look the same against the Tigers’ tough defense as they did against the lackluster groups from South Carolina and Kentucky"

SC vs UF 23-20 UF loss
SC vs TN 45-42 UT OT win

KY vs TN 50-16 UT win

You don't need to make those comparison when the two teams played each other.... :)

FL vs UT 10-9

Did you forget that they played GA also.... :)

One team has lost 4 games and the other has lost 6 games.

TeamMainStreet

Florida won against Kentuckys lackluster defense by 6 in two over times.
TN drilled Kentuckys lackluster defense 50-16

Florida lost the lead to SC lackluster defense and lost by 3 in OT.
TN came back from 14 points down against SC lack luster defense and won in OT by 3.

Florida got smashed at home by a very good Mizzou defense 42-13
TN lost to a very good Mizzou defense 29-20

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck said:
TeamMainStreet said:
gator-n-buck said:
PalsPal said:
gator-n-buck said:
[

"But it’s not a stretch to suggest the Vols didn’t look the same against the Tigers’ tough defense as they did against the lackluster groups from South Carolina and Kentucky"

SC vs UF 23-20 UF loss
SC vs TN 45-42 UT OT win

KY vs TN 50-16 UT win

You don't need to make those comparison when the two teams played each other.... :)

FL vs UT 10-9

Did you forget that they played GA also.... :)

UF did in fact beat TN by one point and in fact killed it against Georgia.

You were talking about KY and SC lack luster defenses so I compared. Now your back to UF and TN again. Stay focused here. :laugh:

THEdonkey0515

What's it matter looks like both teams are gonna finish 6-6 the entire season record matters and it's even. Yes they beat UGA but then gave up a game to a bad SC team lol. And you say over and over other games don't matter if they play head to head right? That's how to see who has the best team? So your saying ole miss is better then bama? I'm confused?
Final record and strength of schedule is what the experts look at to see you who has the better team:)
Both finish 6-6 UT has harder schedule I give it to them:) BOOM yay!!! I'm so happy who cares lol it's over with

TeamMainStreet

Oh no, they are 7-4 and have been bowl eligible for two games now. Except they didn't ACTUALLY win one of those games.

bowhunterfanatic

leader said:
I agree he can be conservative but when your line can't block and your recievers drop evey other pass and your not sure how your QB will play, well you can't really open it up....

^^^^^^ x 1,999,999

When your offensive line can't block 4 defensive lineman there isn't a whole lot you can do to open up a playbook. For there to be so many football experts on this site I'm amazed at how many people can't grasp this concept.