Video test

Ski

I've been watching this deer nearly every day. He's in the same area as a couple of bigger ones I seen a couple of weeks ago but am having no luck seeing them again. These deer come out every night though!

Now that's what it's all about! I wouldn't worry. He's probably hanging out under big timber canopy to wait out the rest of summer. I've noticed bucks with racks like that begin shifting to open timber around this time. It was just a few days ago the bigger ones began sifting up through my place in the hills & big timber. I'm not certain but I think it's because once their racks reach a certain size they begin getting snagged & caught up in brush, which is painful. That's the only thing that makes sense to me because there's not nearly as much food in the big timber but that's where the biggest ones end up before shedding velvet.

Shed Hunter

Dang, those are some nice bucks! I really like the one with the messed up left antler.
I watched one very similar at another place. He's just flipped the other way. The really cool thing here in Ohio is how giant the bodies are. This guy absolutely dwarfs the doe

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1690135149.mov
    45 MB

Ski

The really cool thing here in Ohio is how giant the bodies are. This guy absolutely dwarfs the doe

I love it! That right there is a great example of why guessing scores on a living buck is so tricky. His rack looks proportionate to his body, but his body dwarfs that other deer. Put his rack on that little deer and it would look like it gained 50".

BSK

I love it! That right there is a great example of why guessing scores on a living buck is so tricky. His rack looks proportionate to his body, but his body dwarfs that other deer. Put his rack on that little deer and it would look like it gained 50".
That is why all the wildlife photographers go to the South Texas to photograph bucks. The racks look enormous because even a mature buck there generally doesn't weigh more than 170 pounds on the hoof. I've seen 5 1/2 year-olds there that only live weight in the 150-160 range. Put a 150 rack on a 150-pound buck and he looks like a 180 buck.

Latest posts