Video build layout.

TheAirMan

I thought I had finally got everything to do this build with. However, I think I got the wrong mic and an not finding any wire so I think I will have to order a couple servos. Here is the layout I'm thinking of. Anyone see any problems? I think I will try and get a pipe behind the array but as close to the middle of the box I can. I figure I will try to take the mic out on the side above the camera or maybe somewhere on the bottom is I can.

buildlayout.jpg

FIREMANJIM

You need to let the DXG ride on top of the big foot. Save alot of room. And you can put a 12v SLA rechergeable battery in there to power the array and mic. Otherwise you will go broke feeding that thing batteries.

TheAirMan

I really do need to go with a 12v SLA. I was trying to save a little money, but I guess I wouldn't in the long run. With the cost of this thing, I am not going to be building any more in the foreseeable future, so I might as well do it right. I saw a bunch of builds with the cam on top of the board. I just wasn't sure if the case was think enough. Which I guess it should be.

FIREMANJIM

Plenty thick. That looks like a SH120 case??? You can do a 12v SLA that is 5 AH and it will run long enough to fill the card which is 4 hours with a 4gb card. Just remember to get 2 batteries so you can put in a fresh one on the card change visits. Get batteries and charger at BatteriesASAP.Com Now you can see why these run over $400 if you buy one from me. Just wait and figure up all the time it takes to build it too.

TheAirMan

It's a pelican 1120. I have been keeping track as I go along. I about believe if I get a 12v SLA, I will have over $300 in this thing.

Good time Charlie

Happy Birthday Airman,
I was worried about you to start with,but you are looking good brother.
I cannot wait to see some good video on that thing,Just go to the cam building sites and ask questions,
Is that a sister board,from Big foot?

TheAirMan

Thanks Charlie. The two little ones are sister boards. The one beside them is the driver for the exchanger. I want to see some videos too but seems like its taking forever to get started.

Latest posts