Very surprising news out of UGA

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I know that they didn't have the greatest seasons bouncing back from injuries, but no one can doubt their talent and many expected them to leave with as few miles wear on the tires as possible. These are really good kids, and I hope that it is a sign that Kirby is doing a better job than it looks.

Go DAWGS!!!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/bre ... -year#free

THEdonkey0515

Lots of people will be picking Georgia to win the East next year.

Not only do they have two of the best backs in the East when healthy. Easton should be pretty dang good next year probably the best in the East as well.

TreyB

Kinda like another team that gets hyped up every offseason....

Easton? Does he backup Eason? :tu:

PillsburyDoughboy

Ok let me try this again after a Snickers bar.

UGA should have a really good year this season with this retention . With some good recruiting they could be a driving force in the East and these guys should be able to put them over the top in some of those key games .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm excited about UGA next year, but I know that they are likely a year or two away from really proving anything. They could win the east, but so could anyone else with a down SEC, and especially a down SEC East. I mean, if UF could win it this year, then just about anyone can...

It's funny to me to hear some of the keyboard ninja UGA fans complaining about Eason, obviously forgetting that he was a true freshman this year. They sound like many (not all) of the UT fans that I know talking about Josh Dobbs. If the receivers can learn to get open and hold onto the ball, and he learns to make better decisions and lead receivers, then he will be really good. And if the younger, more talented O-line can play at least halfway decently, then the offense will be just fine. They ought to have the deepest, most talented backfield in college football, but they have to be able to get out of the backfield before being hit.

Special teams are still a big question mark, and Kirby is trying to implement a new defense that will take another 2 years of stellar recruiting to run (which is by no means a guarantee). I'm a realist UGA fan, but I do expect improvement.

Bigswede3423

I'm guessing that one reason Chubb and Michel are staying is that they were projected 3rd round or later draft picks. I think it's great for us UGA fans though! Hopefully they can put up more points next year.

The Hill

Hopefully your star returners will be able to stay injury free better than TN's (Maybin, Sutton, Kamara) did this year.

THEdonkey0515

PillsburyDoughboy":27bqlrty said:
Ok let me try this again after a Snickers bar.

UGA should have a really good year this season with this retention . With some good recruiting they could be a driving force in the East and these guys should be able to put them over the top in some of those key games .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yup, I was thinking the same.

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":14u0968f said:
Kinda like another team that gets hyped up every offseason....

Easton? Does he backup Eason? :tu:
just stated a fact lots of people will be picking them to win the east. and yes I misspelled his name :eek:

TreyB

PalsPal":2ddv0gnz said:
EastTNHunter":2ddv0gnz said:
I mean, if UF could win it this year, then just about anyone can...

Nice :D !

Obviously not UF was behind two other teams in the preseason hype rankings. .... If so any other team would have. :D

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":17sqaexd said:
PalsPal":17sqaexd said:
EastTNHunter":17sqaexd said:
I mean, if UF could win it this year, then just about anyone can...

Nice :D !

Obviously not UF was behind two other teams in the preseason hype rankings. .... If so any other team would have. :D
Not really lots of people had UF wining the east.

you had them 9-3 or 10-2 :? with a WIN over UT & the east. (as did I with UT had them 10-2 or 9-3), I did say UF would go 8-4 lol & I said UF would loss to both UT and FSU Arkansas & LSU. Dang was I close what about a foot away on that goal line stop against LSU.... when I posted that you laughed. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I seen all kinds of links with people picking UF to win the east.

Seen lots of reports & people thinking UGA would win the east before the year started, at the Half way mark people jumped on the Kentucky hype train.

I say VERY very few people had both the vols & UGA over UF & lots had UF winning.

TreyB

Are u nuts????? Show me ONE service that had UF winning the East. I didn't see ANY. I laughed???? Please post that because I had them going 9-3 AT BEST. With losses to Arky, LSU and FSU.... The TN loss may have made me laugh. But please show me those posts. And I really want to see where LOTS had UF winning.

KY and Vandy were the teams that improved the most over all SEC teams

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":ryw9edl8 said:
Now guys, this is a UGA thread :tu:

Until someone said something about if UF could win the East anyone could. :tu:

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I only made the obvious comment when someone jumped in to start slinging mud and making snide comments. I stand by my comments due to the QB, offensive line, and injury situations that UF had. I think that all of the teams from the East were greatly flawed this season, and I really thought that UT had the best shot until the injuries. UT also really didn't play well early when they had a healthy team, and many UT fans believe that was because of coaching.

Once again, I'm a realist, and not generally a smack talker, but I'll call it how I see it

TreyB

EastTNHunter":18w0sq05 said:
I only made the obvious comment when someone jumped in to start slinging mud and making snide comments. I stand by my comments due to the QB, offensive line, and injury situations that UF had. I think that all of the teams from the East were greatly flawed this season, and I really thought that UT had the best shot until the injuries. UT also really didn't play well early when they had a healthy team, and many UT fans believe that was because of coaching.

Once again, I'm a realist, and not generally a smack talker, but I'll call it how I see it

It wasn't directed towards your post.

Latest posts