Vandy vs ol miss

TNReb

I was pretty happy with the results. :)

Weather wound up being pretty nice.. we had a big time.

HogJowl

Anchor Down!!!!!
All those closet Vandy fan are beating the door down trying to get back in the closet

PalsPal

Hey Mud, how many returning starters did Vandy have come back?

Is the coaching that bad with experienced players, or did they lose a bunch of starters?

HogJowl

PalsPal said:
Hey Mud, how many returning starters did Vandy have come back?

Is the coaching that bad with experienced players, or did they lose a bunch of starters?
Franklin actually was reaping the benefits of Bobby Johnson red shirting a ton of guys, in 2011 Vandy had 28 redshirted Jr's and Sr's. He inherited older smarter players. Stacy and Matthews were both Johnson signees along with Tate. 7 of the teams top 9 tacklers were Johnson holdovers. When he bolted he left Mason with 10 returning starters. Franklin wooed the media with Johnson's players and left Mason with NOTHING! Mason has to have time to right the ship

PalsPal

HogJowl said:
Franklin actually was reaping the benefits of Bobby Johnson red shirting a ton of guys, in 2011 Vandy had 28 redshirted Jr's and Sr's. He inherited older smarter players. Stacy and Matthews were both Johnson signees along with Tate. 7 of the teams top 9 tacklers were Johnson holdovers. When he bolted he left Mason with 10 returning starters. Franklin wooed the media with Johnson's players and left Mason with NOTHING! Mason has to have time to right the ship

Good info, and that's what I kind of figured. Franklin sure came through at the most opportune time catching UF and TN in down cycles.

I found this interesting as well: "The only teams Franklin's Vanderbilt beat that finished with winning records: 8-5 Georgia and 8-5 Houston in 2013, and 7-6 Ole Miss and 7-6 NC State in 2012"

Mudbone

Vandy lost an entire secondary and almost all of the receivers. We did return most of the offensive and defensive lines. I do think coaching is playing a huge part in the failure this year. Experts say that this is most talented squad overall vandy has ever put on the field. Heck, all I know right now is vandy sucks! Hopefully with a lil luck, the coaches can get the team to believe again. It seems like they don't believe in themselves right now.

HogJowl

Mudbone said:
. Experts say that this is most talented squad overall vandy has ever put on the field.
I hope those "experts" didn't bet their retirement on that. Coach will be alright if the fans don't run him out of town before the seasons over. They just need to play Robinette and stick with him. Rivers sucks

Latest posts