Food Plots UTV Spreader

tellico4x4

Mines still in box 🤣. However, another guy ordered one same day I did & he brought to camp to spread some fert in hard to access clover plots this past weekend.
Pros:
Fast shipping
US made, sae not metric!
Well made
Fairly lightweight empty for handling
Spinner closes as advertised
Long control cord with pistol grip handle
Mounts via 2" receiver hitch
Lost of gate adjustment
Agitator to prevent clogging
Tight fitting lid, believe you could seed in rain with it

Cons:
Recommended to remove agitator for fert or pellet lime? Requires partial disassembly to do so. Buddy didn't do it & spread fine he said.

Must use a receiver hitch extension for side x side. Creates another "connection" thus more slop.We used a ratchet strap around barrel to bumper to stabilize, worked good. I'll probably just build a mount the correct length for my stuff & put an adjustment bolt in to tighten up.

Controller comes with a "momentary" toggle switch that must be held down with thumb during use. Pia for large plots. Screws hold controller together, so I'm going to take mine apart & put a regular on/off toggle switch in mine.

Adjustable gate uses four wing nuts at each corner. Takes some fiddling with to get proper opening. I plan on scribing some lines on each side for the different size seed that I use, 1/32, 1/8, etc.

Time will tell how durable it is, but with the tweaks I mentioned above, believe it'll be fine. I called before ordering to ask about poly vs metal for our rough roads & they actually recommend the poly. I'd give it 4/5 stars right now. Most things we use seem to require some level of customization anyhow. Believe this was originally designed to spread corn along trails in Texas, thus the momentary switch. The gate has two side panels that need to be left off during assembly, which you can do. Otherwise it shoots material straight out the back. Jason said it spread the fertilizer about 6-8' out each side once panels removed.

@BSK
@Fire_Medic890

Last edited:

BSK

Thanks so much for the info tellico4x4. I would DEFINITELY need a full-time on position with the controller. I already have the receiver hitch extensions for my current seeder, and I use a ratchet strap from the rollbar to under the extension (to take pressure of the receiver hitch) and then back up to the rollbar on the other side. The 6-8' spread side to side could be a problem. My current seeder probably throws seed 25-30 feet out each side.

Latest posts