Food Plots Lime spreaders

RxHunter

I called Henry, Benton, and Carroll county Co-Op services. No luck in our area :(
I've had Carroll county Co-op bring their spreader truck with 10 tons of ag line and spread at my place. I also bought 1000lbs of pelletized lime plus some bulk fertilizer from them rented a regular fertilizer buggy from them so I could spread. I hope they still do that.

Bgoodman30

Hickman county said they didn't have one either... Wonder how these farmers get their lime?

RS

Have you tried Humphreys Co?
If I remember correctly they have rentals.👍
Humphreys CO OP has a big and small lime spreader…at least they did before the big flood last year. I haven't used either one in a few years.

The big spreader is a beast, and I definitely wouldn't want to pull it to Carroll County. The smaller spreader was much easier to pull, but you can't fit near as much lime in it.

Bgoodman30

Humphreys CO OP has a big and small lime spreader…at least they did before the big flood last year. I haven't used either one in a few years.

The big spreader is a beast, and I definitely wouldn't want to pull it to Carroll County. The smaller spreader was much easier to pull, but you can't fit near as much lime in it.

There are 3 humphreys cty co ops. Which one? Centerville said Columbia took theirs?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
The vast majority of the spreaders are for fertilizer, seed, pell lime NOT FOR AG LIME!!
Ag lime is very dense and requires specialized equipment that is very expensive, not to mention very heavy when loaded! (Dangerous) the average driver with a half ton pickup is not something you want coming down your road with a 20,000 lb brakeless buggy behind him!